Speaking to the press, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of the company said, “PacketScanTM is a real-time VoIP analyzer that monitors and captures live voice and video IP traffic with associated call signaling. Hundreds of calls can be monitored in real-time with detailed analysis of selected voice and video streams. Applications include testing of IP voice and video phones, IP / TDM Gateways, IP Routers and Switches, and SIP Proxies. Users can also perform analysis in real-time or on captured calls with various QOS (quality of service) metrics”.
Mr.Kulkarni added, “The new video feature “record and playback video”, allows the user to record audio and video data of a video session to a file in QuickTime format. PacketScan™ can monitor video calls and display both audio and video RTP streams in its summary view. And video calls are separately marked with symbol “V” in the view”.
The voice features of PacketScan™ include live listening, analysis, and recording; power, frequency, and spectral analysis, and tone and digit analysis. Detailed call statistics such as packet loss, gap, jitter, delay, RTP performance statistics, and many other voice band statistics can be monitored simultaneously. Sophisticated filters permit zooming and recording of specific calls of interest. Video sessions can be captured and replayed (in QuickTime *.qt format). And it can collect vital statistics about calls for theoretically an infinite time limited only by the hard disk capacity of the PC or network drive.
Other Important Features Of PacketScan™ Application
• Monitor progress of up to 500+ simultaneous calls with bi-directional RTP traffic.
• Supports SIP (SIP Session Initiation Protocol RFC 2543 and 3261), Megaco3525, Megaco3015, MGCP, and H323 protocols.
• Supports decoding of MAC, IP, SIP, UDP, TCP, RTP, & RTCP Protocols.
• Call Capturing based on Call Agents or Trigger Actions such as MOS, packet loss, latency, or called / calling numbers.
• Voice codecs supported include G726_40 (40kbps), G726_32 (32kbps), G726_24 (24kbps) , G726_16 (16kbps) , GSM (13.2kbps) , G729 (8kbps) , G729B (8kbps), AMR , ILBC_15_2 (for 20 msec), SPEEX, EVRC* (Rates -1/8, ½ and 1), SMV* (Modes - 0, 1, 2 and 3), ILBC_13_33 (for 30 msec), more are coming.
• Video codecs supported include H.263+ providing video capture and videoconference monitoring capability.
About GL Communications, Inc.
Founded in 1986, GL Communications, Inc. (gl.com) is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GL’s TDM Analysis & Emulation line of products includes T1, E1, T3, OC-3, STM-1, analog four-wire, and analog two-wire interface cards and solutions. Capabilities include voiceband traffic analysis and emulation across all traffic types (voice, digits, tones, fax, modem), all protocols (HDLC, ISDN, SS7, CAS, GSM, GPRS, CDMA), and with capacities up to thousands of channels.
GL’s VoIP products generate / analyze thousands of calls simultaneously with traffic types such as voice files, digits, tones, noise, and fax using G.711, G.729, AMR, EVRC, and GSM codecs. Additional features include visual analysis, real-time listening, recording, and voice quality assessment using ITU algorithms PAMS, PSQM, and PESQ.
GL’s Wireless Products perform protocol analysis and voice quality assessment on GSM, CDMA, UMTS, and CDMA 2000 networks. Connections can be made to any wireless phone with automated call control, GPS, mapping software, and real-time signal measurements.
GL’s Echo Canceller testing solutions provide the broadest range of simulation and analysis, including compliance testing per G.168 and G.160. Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks.