NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Las Vegas, NV, United States, 2014/04/07 - Company Leads the Industry in Developing High Performance, HEVC-Ready Hardware and Software Solutions - ATEME.com.
(National Association of Broadcasters, South Hall, Upper, Booth #SU7102) ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression for the broadcast industry, today announced key enhancements to its TITAN Live video processing solution.
As a leading R&D company in the digital video broadcasting market, ATEME delivers products that support the latest in advanced compression technology, including High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and Ultra High Definition Television (UHDTV).
TITAN Live Any-to-Any ATEME’s carrier-grade video processing solution for next generation TV Head-End is a real-time multi-channel/format encoder/transcoder for multi-screen delivery of linear channels (TV, mobile and web). The product has been enhanced with a variety of features, including support for live 4Kp60 HEVC encoding.
• Best-in-class video quality as low as 19 Mbps for 4Kp60.
• Uses 4x 3G-SDI inputs to directly ingest the baseband/uncompressed UHDTV signals with full frame processing, making it a true 4K encoder versus encoding the signal in two steps; a process that tends to degrade video quality.
• One TITAN chassis presently supports two UHDTV channels.
• TITAN Live can be used from any source, to any format, providing broadcasters with the ability to experiment with UHDTV and then re-use TITAN for other projects, including HD or SD, streaming, VOD or catch-up TV applications.
• Tested and proven to work with all available set-top-boxes, television sets and software players.
LiveSphere™ This groundbreaking 360° video broadcast solution for live entertainment, sporting events and television shows provides an immersive experience for consumers on second screens.
• UHDTV on demand In partnership with LG Electronics, this demonstration will show 4K VOD content encoded with TITAN in HEVC Main 10 profile and displayed on a breathtaking 65” LG television.
• Kyrion contribution network management demonstrations ATEME will demonstrate the in-depth integration of its Kyrion encoders and decoders into advanced video network management software.
• LiveSphere This demonstration will explore different types of content and use cases for 360° television, on several devices including tablet, smartphone and a virtual reality headset.
Rémi Beaudouin, director of product marketing, ATEME, said:
The compression market is continuously evolving and our clients rely on ATEME to deliver truly state-of-the art video encoding performance to stay ahead of this fast-paced technology curve. Our ongoing research and development allows us to provide our customers with the kinds of powerful, cost-effective, innovative solutions that they have come to expect and we are proud to announce these latest advancements at this year’s NAB show.
ATEME (ateme.com) is a world leader in HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for live broadcast contribution links, fulltime distribution services, non-linear file and live video streaming solutions for OTT, IPTV and VOD applications.
Contact: Kim Dearborn - Nadel Phelan, Inc.
T: +1 831-440-2407 - E: kim[.]nadelphelan.com.