IT Monitoring leader ScienceLogic today released CloudMapper™, a ‘game changing’ technology that permits organizations to effortlessly monitor and, for the first time, visualize all of their off-premise, Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources. Nearly every enterprise on earth uses AWS in some capacity. One of every three applications hosted in the world resides on AWS, it contains half-a-million Linux servers and growing, and it adds more storage capacity every 24 hours today than in all of 2005.
“Customers told us they needed a better way to evaluate the performance of their AWS investments, to control costs and address those Service Delivery challenges common to globally distributed infrastructures,” said Dave Link, CEO ScienceLogic. “They also wanted this monitoring functionality to be easy and comprehensive as if they were monitoring their off-premise resources like on-premise. Today, that demand has been answered with CloudMapper. You provide your Amazon credentials, flip the switch, and we deliver your AWS infrastructure health status.”
Today, for the first time, the world’s enterprise AWS users can simply access an IT monitoring platform on AWS that provides them full IT performance visibility across all Amazon assets.
CloudMapper benefits include:
Unprecedented Visibility into AWS Cloud Infrastructure
• Covering virtually every Amazon service offering currently available. For AWS instances, operating system and software applications, visibility is provided in an agent or agent less model.
• Enterprises are primarily concerned with operating system and application health, but historically all they can see from AWS native reporting are rudimentary server infrastructure performance and availability metrics.
• CloudMapper closes that critical gap. Enterprises can view AWS asset performance just like it’s in their own data center.
Dynamic and Visual Linkage
• IT operations can now, for the first time, literally ‘see’ the critical interdependencies across all application assets in and out of the cloud workloads, on one screen. With this level of in-depth visibility, enterprises can immediately remediate issues that can cripple application performance
• IT operations can see where all workloads are physically running across the cloud and how they are connected to one another as they change, and how they depend on each other, helping to mitigate risk during a natural disaster or technical outages.
• Enterprises can finally address cloud sprawl across the many AWS accounts, zones, regions, and services, making it simple to ‘see’ where resources are needed, where they need to be cut back, and immediately see the impact of changes made.
Instant Access to Cloud Monitoring
• You provide your Amazon credentials, the dashboard goes live. Why it matters? A major breakthrough in how IT monitoring functionality is purchased and provisioned.
• Enterprises to date have been reluctant to move a larger share of their application assets to AWS, not only based on cost, visibility, and security, but also lack of visibility into configuration, performance, and reliability. With ScienceLogic CloudMapper in place, enterprises for the first time can readily determine risk levels and AWS investment ROI.
For more information, please visit cloudmapper.com/.