“We are truly honored to be recognized by Kentico with the Site of the Year Award,” said Jody Jeffrey, Manager, National Web Services at Canadian Red Cross. “Our interactive agency ecentricarts combined hard work and a unique creative vision to create a concept for a highly user-friendly site that familiarizes visitors with who we are while making it easy for them to provide life-saving assistance through volunteer work or donations. With Kentico, we were able to turn concept into reality.”
Each year, Kentico seeks out the best Kentico website implementations worldwide using both public online voting as well as selection by Kentico executives. Built with Kentico by Toronto-based interactive studio ecentricarts, the Canadian Red Cross site features a flexible templating and draggable/droppable widget system, which provides for the quick and easy launch of new appeals campaigns, seasonal safety tips, and other content. Highly personalized, contextual and scalable, the site dynamically displays content to visitors based on specific campaigns and topics such as intelligent news listing widgets and is built to withstand the sudden and very large spikes in traffic that come with global calamities. The site also features powerful custom search and donation widgets embedded throughout the site to gracefully deliver visitors to the donation transaction process from various content, including pages that inform visitors of how the Red Cross is responding to natural disasters and other events affecting humans around the world.
“We applaud the Canadian Red Cross along with all the customers that submitted their sites this year,” said Petr Palas, CEO and founder of Kentico. “It gives us great pride to see just how much can be accomplished with Kentico, which we designed to level the playing field and make success depend on creativity and know-how, not budget. In looking at all of this year’s wonderful submissions, I think we’ve accomplished just that.”
2013 was a banner year for Kentico, which was used to create 1788 new websites with many designers included among Kentico’s global network of 1,100 digital agency partners. Sites include Bacardi, Corner Bakery Café, ESPN Fan Forum, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, Hyundai Germany, MillerCoors Corporate, New York City Ballet, Ohio Department of Education, Philadelphia Zoo, St. Andrews Links and Starbucks New Zealand.
The complete list of 2013 winners are:
Standard categories (selected by public voting):
• Best Business Services Site: Rockfish Digital (Rockfish Digital)
• Best Community/Social Media Site: Adventure on the Water (Lighthouse Web Solutions)
• Best Consumer Goods Site: Milwaukee Tools (NetConstruct Ltd)
• Best E-commerce Site: ZebraCaps (Bluesoft)
• Best Education Site: Florida Southern College
• Best Financial Services Site: United Heritage Credit Union (Adaptdev)
• Best Food and Beverage Site: Bacardi US (MMT Digital)
• Best Government and Municipal Site: Boston Redevelopment Authority (Boston Interactive)
• Best Healthcare Site: Banfield Pet Hospital (Rockfish)
• Best Mobile Site: My Kinda Book (Distinction)
• Best Nonprofit Organization Site: Red Cross Canada (ecentricarts)
• Best Travel/Events Site: HelloBC (FCV Interactive)
• Best Intranet: Scotiabank BusinessNet Intranet (ecentricarts)
Special categories (selected by Kentico):
• Largest Site: Hyundai Germany (diamond:dogs)
• Best Cloud Deployment: Oxera (The Well Studio)
• Best Migration: PPG Industries (Evident)
• Best Integration: Shred-it Global Document Security & Destruction Services (ecentricarts)
• Best Kentico EMS Implementation: Scrum Alliance (Burns Marketing)
• Best Graphic Design: Gruffalo (Distinction)
About Kentico CMS
Kentico CMS is an enterprise Web Content Management System and Customer Experience Management solution that provides a complete set of features for building websites, intranets, community sites, and e-commerce solutions on the Microsoft ASP.NET platform, on-premise or in the Cloud. It supports mobile websites, SEO, document management, online marketing tools, multilingual websites, and multisite management, and comes out of the box with 70 ready-to-use modules, 400 configurable web parts, and source code available by request.
About Kentico Software
Kentico (kentico.com) provides an affordable, award-winning integrated marketing solution that’s easy to use but also highly customizable for powerful real-time customer-centric marketing across multiple channels, on-premise or in the Cloud. Founded in 2004, Kentico is headquartered in the Czech Republic with offices in the US, UK, and Australia. A Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with 1,100 digital agency partners, Kentico powers more than 18,000 websites in 90 countries. Customers include Bacardi; Great British Chefs; Gibson; Mazda; Microsoft; Mighty River Power; Run and Become; Sony; Vodafone.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.