The Chemicals Sector has an exciting event to look forward to this year, as Indian Chemicals Council (ICC) and Frost & Sullivan gear up to host "7th Annual India Chemical Industry Outlook Conference" from March 06 - 07, at the Taj Lands End, Mumbai. Frost & Sullivan is the Knowledge Partner for this 7th edition of the event hosted by ICC.
In this edition, eminent speakers and dignitaries will provide inputs on the challenges and opportunities in the chemicals and materials space in context to the global chemicals and materials industry. The event will also seek to provide an understanding of the megatrends, technology and innovation impacting the industry, and the role of various stakeholders for leveraging these opportunities. Vishnu Shankar, Associate Director, Chemicals, Materials & Foods Practice, Frost & Sullivan states,"Exciting times lie ahead for the Indian chemical industry vis-à-vis what's happening around the world. Shale gas developments in North America, major non-oil and gas diversification drives in the Middle East, expanding chemical capacity in China, etc., are just some of the major global developments that Indian manufacturers have to be aware of as they plan their growth strategies over the next decade. We believe that a summit of this nature not only brings the best minds under one roof, but also provides a platform where the initial seeds can be sown towards devising strategies to increase India’s share from the current 5 percent that it holds today in the global chemical industry."
Mr. HS Karangle, Director General of ICC says,"The India Chemical Industry Outlook Conference has served as a platform for people from the industry to come together and discuss on sector specific themes. The 7th edition of the conference is designed to bring pertinent issues faced by the chemical industry today to the forefront and talk about the way forward for the industry."
As Knowledge Partners, Frost & Sullivan, besides playing an advisory role on the entire program structure and the theme, will also present a Whitepaper titled "Indian Chemical Industry and Mega Trends Impacting the Industry". In its study, Frost & Sullivan finds that the Indian chemical industry was the second largest producer in Asia in terms of volume, after China. The Indian chemical industry is currently at US $136 Billion approximately, and is likely to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 10-12 percent over the next five years. Over the last decade, the Indian chemical industry has strengthened its competitiveness in agrochemicals and pharmaceuticals segments, becoming one of the major exporters for these segments, globally. The industry also witnessed increased investments in the specialty sector, which is poised to be the fastest growing segment in India.
Domestic growth in chemicals industry will be driven by increase in consumption and high growth in the end-user industries, where per capita consumption presently is low. Key end-user industries such as construction, automotive, packaging, and electronics are expected to drive demand immensely. Construction is likely to grow at 12 percent, packaging and electronics at around 13 percent, rendering a promising growth of over 12 percent to the chemicals demand. Regulatory compliances and sustainable practices will also aid the Indian industry to become a key manufacturing hub for chemicals on the global map in the future. Indigenous innovation will play an important role in making the industry competitive vis-à-vis international companies. The Frost & Sullivan whitepaper will focus on emerging markets, and will have an overview and key characteristics of the Indian chemical industry, its key segments - Base Chemicals, Agrochemicals, Specialty Chemicals, and the Mega Trends impacting the industry.
Key speakers and dignitaries at the Conference include:
• Chief Guest - Mr. Indrajit Pal, Secretary, DCPC, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India
• Mr. R. Gopalakrishnan, Director, Tata Sons Limited
• Dr. Arup Basu, President New Businesses and Innovation Centre, Tata Chemicals Ltd.
• Dr. Raman Ramachandran, Chairman & Managing Director & Sub Regional Head South Asia, BASF India Limited
• Mr. Vipul S. Shah, President, CEO & Chairman, Dow Chemical International Pvt. Ltd.
• Mr. Iain Wright, Member of UK Parliament, Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills)
• Mr. S. J. Stilliard, Vice President & Managing Director, Huntsman International (I) Pvt. Ltd.
• Dr. Joerg Strassburger, Managing Director & Country Representative, Lanxess India Private Limited
• Mr. Vishnu Shankar, Associate Director, Chemicals, Materials & Foods Practice, Frost & Sullivan
Key Discussion Areas at the Conference:
• Global Chemical Industry and Cross-Border Trade Relationships / Industry Convergence
• Indian Chemical Industry Scenario with a Focus on Specialty Chemicals Sector
• Refinery / Petrochemicals Industry Integration and Feedstock Scenario
• Eye on Economy Downturn and its Impact on the Chemicals & Materials Industry
• Responsible Care in Context of the Chemicals & Materials Industry
• R&D and Innovation in the Chemicals and Materials Sector
• Panel Discussions on Global Successful Clusters and Lessons for India, Challenges of Infrastructure and Logistics in India and India in the Eye of Multinationals
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan (frost.com), the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Contact Us: Start the discussion | Join Us: Join our community | Subscribe: Newsletter on "the next big thing" | Register: Gain access to visionary innovation
Nimisha Iyer, Corporate Communications South Asia, Middle East, and North Africa
M: +91 98200 50519 / P: +91 22 6607 2007 - E: niyer[.]frost.com.