NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Laguna Hills, CA, United States, 2014/02/18 - New medical training course versions, combined with hands-on externship program, provides comprehensive training in high-growth fields - MedicalTrainingCourses.com / AlliedSchools.com.
Allied Medical School announced the launch of four new versions of its popular online medical training courses in Pharmacy Technician Training and Medical Coding. The updated versions give students the latest information and tools necessary to train for high-growth careers in the medical field.
The new course versions are:
Pharmacy Technician v.3
- Pharmacy Calculations v.3
- Pharmacy Technician Online Exam Prep v.2
- Medical Coding 2014.
The Pharmacy Technician Training v.3 program provides students with the necessary knowledge base for becoming proficient in the required tasks to succeed as a pharmacy technician and features:
- Materials grant
- New textbook version of Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition, Teresa Hopper, 2012, Elsevier
- Non-proctored online final with 70 Multiple-Choice questions
- Links to other study resources such as PTCB practice exams.
The Pharmacy Calculations v.3 program provides an opportunity to master the mathematical calculations necessary for a pharmacy technician to deliver medications safely and features:
- Materials grant
- New textbook version of Math Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition, Robert M. Fulcher, Eugenia M. Fulcher, 2013, Elsevier
- Non-proctored online final with 75 Multiple-Choice questions.
The Pharmacy Technician Online Exam Prep v.2, helps the Allied student prepare to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s (PTCB) certification exam and become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and features:
- 1,000+ questions distributed into knowledge domains and weights associated with the field
- Links to other study resources, such as PTCB practice exams
- New textbook version of Mosby’s Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, 2nd Edition, Elsevier and Allied Medical School’s Pharmacy Technician National Certification Study Guide, PDF
- 90 multiple-choice questions, 10 of which are pre-test questions.
Additionally, the revised Medical Coding 2014 course enables students to learn the coding rules for the ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, CPT and Level II (HCPCS) coding systems and then apply them to code patient medical services. Upon course completion, students will have the necessary skills for a career as a medical coding specialist.
“Allied Medical School always strives to provide our students with the highest quality training possible. With the new Pharmacy Technician and Medical Coding course versions, that quality is further enhanced with the latest information available,” said George Achenbach, CEO and President of Allied Schools.
Finally, a career as a Pharmacy Technician or Medical Coding Specialist allows program graduates to take their skills anywhere. The portability of medical careers, combined with the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ expected growth of 20-percent for Pharmacy Technicians and 22-percent for Medical Coding Specialists, makes them appealing for those who want careers that they can take with them.
About Allied Medical School
Allied Medical School (medicaltrainingcourses.com) is a part of Allied Business Schools, Inc., which opened its doors 22 years ago with a vision to provide students with a convenient, flexible way to complete training for in-demand careers. Since 1992, Allied Schools’ certificate and diploma courses have enabled working professionals, stay-at-home parents, military service members and disabled individuals to get the training and credentials they need for career advancement, professional development or personal growth through the convenience and affordability of distance education.
Allied is nationally accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally-recognized accrediting agency.