Future plc, the international media group and leading digital business, today announces a strategic partnership with Times Internet the largest Indian digital network to launch its major international consumer technology news and reviews brand in India.
The alliance will bring together the technology review expertise of TechRadar which already reaches over 20 million unique users internationally and Times Internet’s reach and high editorial standards, providing Indian tech consumers with targeted localised content for the first time.
Times Internet will be Future plc’s exclusive partner in India through Times Local Partners a division that partners with global companies to help them grow in India, which has world’s third largest internet population. Indian consumers will have access to TechRadar’s world-class international news coverage and authoritative product reviews, while the site will be backed by The Times Group’s multimedia resources to develop and popularise the brand locally.
TechRadar is the UK’s biggest technology reviews website, and now reaches more than 20 million unique users a month internationally with the biggest and best technology reviews. The award-winning brand is one of the fastest-growing technology websites in the US and has become the go-to destination for opinions, exclusives and authoritative reviews of everything from mobile phones and tablets to the latest cameras and televisions.
TechRadar is a truly 24/7 operation, with editorial teams already based in the UK, US and Australia.
Future’s Head of TechRadar Nick Merritt says: “TechRadar has seen fast growth internationally, and now delivers the very best technology news and reviews to over 20 million international consumers every month. We’re very pleased to be partnering with Times Internet for this major new venture to bring TechRadar to India.”
Puneet Singhvi, Business Head − Times Local Partners, says: “TLP is excited to partner with TechRadar; a well regarded brand in the technology news and reviews space. It’s a great addition to the rapidly growing TLP portfolio that delivers differentiated content and aggregates premium audience across its network. We look forward to growing the brand and audience for TechRadar in India.”
Times Local Partners is a recently launched initiative by Times Internet to partner with global digital companies to launch, build, and grow meaningfully in India. In 2013, TLP announced a partnership with Gawker Media to bring Gizmodo and Lifehacker to India. Last year, it also launched America’s most popular business news site Business Insider India and Askmen.
About Future plc
• Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 57 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 19 million magazines last year, that’s 37 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have sold over 5 million digital issues in the last year.
• Future exports or syndicates 218 publications to over 92 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
About Times Internet Limited
Times Internet (TIL) is the digital venture of India’s largest media house − the Times Group. Since its inception in 1999, TIL has led the internet revolution in India and has emerged as India’s foremost digital entity that engages millions of users globally. Today, it is the largest Indian online group in India, according to comScore, with over 50 million monthly unique visitors and over 1 billion monthly page views encompassing portals in news, entertainment, local, music, movies, telecom, e-commerce & deals, online advertisement solutions, communities and more.
The key properties include in the News category − Timesofindia.com, Economictimes.com and Navbharattimes.com. It also has in its stable Gaana.com, the largest music streaming service in India; BoxTV.com, the No.1 video streaming site; Tlabs an early stage incubation company & Indiatimes Shopping is the top 5 e-commerce company in India and others.
In the stewardship of its CEO Satyan Gajwani, TIL has embarked upon actively exploring partnerships with global companies to help them grow through its tremendous reach and media platforms. The alliances range from licensing partnerships to investments to acquisitions. The company has made 2 acquisitions, 5 global-company partnerships, 15 TLabs investments, and 4 other minority investments.
About Times Local Partners
Times Local Partners is an initiative of Times Internet focused on partnering with established and emerging global digital companies for growing their presence and business in India through the growth of their brand, audience, adoption, distribution and monetization. TLP leverages the cross media strengths of the Times Group to meaningfully grow the brand, audience and revenues for these partners.
TLP focuses on global companies looking at India as their next phase of geographical expansion. We work with companies who have existing traction with the digital audience in India or have a product or platform that has a potential for rapid adoption and leverage in the India market. We help them build a high-growth India initiative that transforms the way audience, consumers and enterprises interact with their site, product and platforms. This is backed by the might of the Times Group leadership fuels strong growth for the partners in the region. We also work with Indian companies who have operational excellence as their competitive advantage for better strategic foresight, experiential design and consumer engagement. Given the expertise of our partners in the digital space, we are delighted to work with them to build an exciting, next generation digital domain company.