GAE is announcing that the time is drawing near to its 2007 Mardi Gras art show. The show is sponsored by Viking Appliances, makers of high performance ranges. The show begins on Feb 13 and concluded on Feb20: Fat Tuesday. GAE will be showcasing several very talented Georgia artists through the week and concluding with a New Orleans style dinner complete with turnduckens and crawfish ettoufee.
GAE (georgiaartexchange.org) is an art and music development co-op dedicated to supporting Georgia artists and galleries. “We encourage the original expression of Georgia culture and expose to other Georgians the rich and fertile landscape of artists and galleries within our own back yard.”, QuiQue Lopez, spokesman for GAE.
Mardi Gras literally means “Fat Tuesday” in French and is the weeklong celebration filled with parades and parties. The celebration culminates on Fat Tuesday also known as Shrove Tuesday. This is the day before Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent. Lent is the traditional time of fasting and sacrifice. People used eat all of the foods that were forbidden on Fat Tuesday. GAE and Viking appliances will be keeping tradition by throwing a Fat Tuesday’s dinner.
“We are very thankful to Luxury Kitchens and Viking for sponsoring the event and these talented Georgia artists. Their commitment to Georgia Arts is greatly appreciated by the artists and their supporters.” said Lopez.
GAE is showcasing works from Georgia Sergey Cherep, Jeffrey Lange and Joanne Gossman, Terry Lemal and Carole Jackson in the LKA showroom. On Fat Tuesday the artists will available for meet and greet. The art will be available for purchase or commission.
“Hopefully LKA clients will commission our artists for their custom kitchens.” continues Lopez.
• Sergey Cherep-Acworth, Ga.: Lively landscapes, rich color love of French impressionism, exhibited extensively in the US and the Europe.sergeycherep.com
• Spirit Anderson-McDonough, Ga.: Clocks, ceramics, paintings, furniture designspiritstudio.com
• Joanne Gossman-Acworth, Ga.: Acrylics on canvas, landscapes jgossman.com
• Jeff Lange-Atlanta, Ga.: Love of landscapes and figures exhibited extensively in the US langeart.com
• Terry Lemal- Marietta, Ga.: Silver jewelry, mosaics and ornaments
• Carole B. Jackson-Cartersville, Ga. : Acrylics, canvas and wood
The event will be held at 8295 Hwy 92, Woodstock, Ga 30189 at the Luxury Kitchens showroom. The showroom will be open to the public from 9 am to 5pm, Feb13-Feb20 and is free to the public.