NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Louisville, KY, United States, 2014/01/30 - GE’s Zoneline® can easily heat and cool areas of residential homes such as sunrooms, outbuildings and finished, walk-out basements - Zoneline.com / GEAppliances.com. NYSE: GE
• GE Zoneline® package terminal air conditioning unit and heat pump can be the most effective and convenient way to comfortably heat and cool an area without the added expense of resizing an existing central unit
• No expensive HVAC specialist needed for a Zoneline installation; it can be handled by your go-to contractor
Have you ever wished you could cool your sunroom in the middle of summer? Or keep from freezing in your garage workshop over the winter? GE’s (NYSE:GE) Zoneline® can easily heat and cool areas of residential homes such as sunrooms, outbuildings and finished, walk-out basements. Hotels and motels have traditionally used the Zoneline, a package terminal air conditioning unit GE invented over 50 years ago, to allow overnight guests to set room temperature to their comfort level.
According to a recent Houzz survey, 40 percent of homeowners plan to renovate or build an addition in the next two years.1 Now, Zoneline gives homeowners options when it comes to setting an ideal temperature in their newly finished walkout basement or sunroom.
Instead of resizing the central system, which could include a new AC/Heat pump, new vent construction, potential tear-out of existing walls and ceilings to fit air returns and vents, and the cost of a certified HVAC person, homeowners can accomplish the same thing with a much lower investment. Contractors can easily cut a hole in the wall and install the Zoneline in a sleeve that saves customers the cost of a brand new system and the time it would take to complete the project.
“People are feeling more comfortable investing in their homes,” says Mark Evans, product manager for GE Appliances. “GE’s Zoneline heating and air conditioning unit is an affordable way to help homeowners enjoy a new space or area where the temperature is tough to regulate.”
Other Zoneline features include:
• Comes in a variety of capacities to heat and cool a range of room sizes.
• Reduces a room’s humidity by 25 percent more than standard models while in cool mode with an industry-exclusive feature model Dry Air 25. (Electric heat models)
• Reduces condensate drainage and adds humidity back to the room during the dry winter months. (Heat pump models internal condensate removal)
For further product details, including where to purchase, visit Zoneline.com. Estimated resale for the Deluxe Series Heat Pump Zoneline (model AZ61H12D) is $1,000 $1,300*
Friend GE Appliances on Facebook to view how-to videos, learn about new GE appliances and join in the discussion with other GE appliance owners.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances (geappliances.com) is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better.
1. Renovation in America: Findings from the 2013 Houzz & Home Survey. Houzz.com. Accessed on Nov. 26, 2013.
• Dealers determine their own resale pricing and margins.