• 2014 Frost & Sullivan Customer Value Enhancement Award is based on extensive and independent competitive analysis of the North American market for mobile wallets.
• Frost & Sullivan cited FIS for “bringing cutting-edge products to market to help merchants and retailers maximize the connected commerce and marketing opportunity.”
• This is the third major analyst group in the last several weeks to recognize FIS’ mobile solutions.
Continuing its industry recognitions for its mobile solutions, FIS™ (NYSE: FIS), the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology, recently earned the 2014 Frost & Sullivan Customer Value Enhancement Award for FIS Mobile Wallet.
This prestigious recognition is based on extensive, independent competitive analysis of the North American mobile wallet market by Frost & Sullivan, an industry consultant with more than 1,800 analysts across 40 countries. In its report announcing the award, Frost & Sullivan described FIS Mobile Wallet in the following way:
“With FIS mobile wallets, banks, retailers, and merchants are assured of an adaptable and secure implementation that is extremely easy to deploy and can get them up and running in a few weeks - versus several months that it can take with competing implementations. Overall, FIS is helping to define the market opportunity by 1) proactively educating the industry about this ongoing shift in consumer behavior to mobile, and 2) bringing cutting-edge products to market to help merchants and retailers maximize the connected commerce and marketing opportunity.”
“This award is about putting a compelling customer experience in market and demonstrates the commitment that FIS has made to bringing innovative mobile solutions to market for financial institutions, merchants and their customers in a way that safely and securely benefits all,” said Doug Brown, SVP and GM, FIS Mobile Financial Services. “Mobile commerce is the future. To make it a reality, financial institutions and their customers must understand the benefits each receives.”
FIS Mobile Wallet, in particular, provides a security benefit by being cloud-based. Rather than keep a user’s credentials on the phone, they are stored securely in the cloud and transmitted only during a transaction. This prevents card skimming and many other types of fraud recently seen by some major retailers.
This is the third major analyst group in the last month to recognize FIS’ Mobile solutions. FIS Mobile was named:
• 2013 Best in Class Mobile Banking Vendor Overall by Javelin Strategy & Research;
• No. 1 in Top 3 Mobile Banking Vendor Standards and Customized Solutions, and No. 1 in Top 3 Mobile Banking Standard Solutions by Javelin Strategy & Research;
• Best in Class Customer Experience, Best in Class Interface Development and Best in Class Integration & Management by CEB TowerGroup.
Frost & Sullivan uses disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. It has more than 50 years of experience partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.
FIS (fisglobal.com) is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 37,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions. First in financial technology, FIS tops the annual FinTech 100 list, is 434 on the Fortune 500 and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
Contact: Nancy Murphy, Senior Vice President
FIS Investor Relations
P: +1 904-438-6192 - E: nancy.murphy[.]fisglobal.com.