• Bomgar 14.1 is the latest version of Bomgar’s remote support software, offering new features for desktop and mobile device support.
• The new version includes an integration with Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), HTML5 chat support, mobile presentation clients and more.
The Bomgar remote support solution allows technology support professionals to access and fix nearly any system or device, located anywhere in the world from remote desktops and laptops, to servers and switches, and smartphones and tablets. Bomgar 14.1 introduces many enhancements and expanded capabilities, making it even easier for organizations to provide world-class tech support. New features include an integration with Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), HTML5 chat support for desktop and mobile devices, mobile presentation clients, improved prompts and notifications, plus a number of configuration enhancements to customize the support experience for customers and endpoints.
Bomgar’s new RDP integration allows support technicians to initiate an RDP session through the Bomgar Representative Console from a different network without opening up the firewall. Natively, RDP has limited centralized management, auditing, reporting and collaboration capabilities. Bomgar eliminates these issues by routing RDP sessions through its appliance-based system, layering the security and management benefits of Bomgar over each remote desktop connection.
Bomgar 14.1 also includes the ability to chat with end-users using HTML5 making it easier to integrate chat with a website, knowledgebase or support portal. The new HTML5 based chat also allows you to easily extend your chat services to users on mobile devices. Now, support organizations can offer chat support from a website without requiring customers to install Flash or download Bomgar’s mobile app.
The new version also allows users to join presentations using Bomgar’s mobile client for Android and iOS, making it easy to attend presentations from an iPad, iPhone or Android device. During a presentation, attendees can zoom and pan, chat with the presenter and other attendees, and toggle or lock the toolbar.
“The new features like RDP integration and streamlined session start make it even easier to support your customers and clients,” said David Remy, security network specialist with Remy Services, LLC and Bomgar Early Adopter for 14.1.
Additional features in Bomgar 14.1 include:
• Streamlined session start Using platform-specific browser technologies, Bomgar support sessions can now be started faster by reducing the number of steps needed to connect.
• License usage reports License usage reports identify peak Bomgar usage and alert administrators whenever a rep is unable to log in due to unavailable licenses.
• Enhanced customer prompts Support reps can customize audible alerts and visual prompts so they never miss a notification from the Bomgar Representative Console.
• Session Permission Policies Customize support session security permissions to fit specific support scenarios, such as the type of customer or even the specific endpoint.
“Bomgar makes the tech support process a more streamlined and secure experience for both the support rep and end-user,” said Troy Harrison, VP of product management, Bomgar. “Our enterprise customers need the ability to provide first-rate, customized support experiences, while keeping all of their end-users’ information secure. We’re making this even easier to do with the new features and improvements in Bomgar 14.1.”
Bomgar (bomgar.com) provides remote support solutions for easily and securely supporting computing systems and mobile devices. The company’s appliance-based products help organizations improve tech support efficiency and performance by enabling them to securely support nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry and more. More than 7,500 organizations across 65 countries have deployed Bomgar to rapidly improve customer satisfaction while dramatically reducing costs. Bomgar is privately held with offices in Jackson, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Paris, London and Singapore.