NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Renton, WA, United States, 2014/01/08 - Parallels announced its keynote lineup for Parallels Summit 2014, the global annual gathering of the cloud industry, held February 24-26 in New Orleans, Louisiana - Parallels.com.
Parallels, a leading hosting and cloud services enablement provider, today announced its keynote lineup for Parallels Summit 2014, the global annual gathering of the cloud industry, held February 24-26, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Executives from GoDaddy, McKinsey & Company, Parallels and award-winning author Nicholas Carr will address 700 cloud service providers and 1,200 industry leaders with discussions around the opportunities across the SMB cloud services market.
The leading voices in cloud-enabled services will take the keynote stage to share insights on the technology trends that will influence the future of cloud-enabled services.
• Nicholas Carr, author of the bestsellers The Big Switch and The Shallows, will look ahead to the next stage of cloud disruption, and provide practical advice for how companies can "build bridges to the cloud" for their customers.
• Blake Irving, chief executive officer and board director, GoDaddy will address the challenges associated with predicting disruptive technologies and how we can track the course of online consumer and developer trends today to make smart assumptions about the technology landscape in the years to come.
• Abhijit Dubey, partner, McKinsey & Company will outline the five strategies cloud service providers need to pursue to win in the SMB market.
• Birger Steen, chief executive officer, Parallels will show how the mainstream adoption of multiple cloud services has created new challenges and complexity for businesses and the resulting opportunity unique to service providers to enable a customer centric cloud.
• Serguei Beloussov, executive chairman of the board, Parallels will show how innovation is driving radical change in the way IT services are consumed. The world is changing; where and how will you fit in it? Serguei has the answer and he’ll give it to you in a dynamic and hard hitting way.
“This year we have brought together an unparalleled line-up of keynote speakers to provide our ecosystem with actionable insight and perspective on the rapid transformation happening in the hosting and cloud sector,” said Birger Steen, chief executive officer, Parallels. “Parallels Summit offers unmatched access to industry leaders from around the world to share ideas and specific, experience-based recommendations so that we can all make better business decisions.”
In addition to a detailed overview of Parallels product roadmap, Summit attendees will be the first to hear about the company’s newest SMB Cloud Insights™ research, updated with global analysis exploring the cloud services of most interest to SMBs. A detailed agenda of planned sessions and activities is available at parallels.com/summit/2014/. To register, and for information about training and certification sessions, please visit the website.
Parallels® (parallels.com) is a global leader in hosting and cloud services enablement and cross-platform solutions. Parallels began operations in 2000 and has developed into a fast-growing software company with more than 900 employees across offices in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.