NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bath, Banes, United Kingdom, 2014/01/06 - Future, the award-winning digital media business and one of the world’s leading tablet publishers, announces the formation of Design and Development Team, Mobile - Futureplc.com. LSE: FUTR
• Mike Goldsmith Appointed Head of Content Strategy, Mobile;
• Goldsmith to Lead New Mobile Research and Development Initiatives.
Led by Senior Editor and recent PPA Digital Native 2013 award winner Tom Dennis, the Design and Development Team will create new digital content types featuring Future’s brands and content. Using Future’s self-developed platforms along with leading third-party technology solutions, the apps created by this new team will complement Future’s existing digital edition strategy for Apple and Android newsstands.
The Design and Development Team will report into Mike Goldsmith in his new role as Head of Content Strategy, Mobile. Previously Editor-in-Chief, Digital Editions, Goldsmith lead the launch of Future’s magazine portfolio on Apple Newsstand in 2011 and the ensuing migration of its key brands to interactive editions using the award-winning FutureFolio platform.
In his new role, Goldsmith will lead content strategy for mobile, identifying opportunities for Future’s publishing and commercial teams and pushing innovation in its content offerings for phone and tablet. Goldsmith will work closely with Future’s development teams whilst continuing to work with FutureFolio as well as Future’s Senior Creative, publishing, marketing and commercial set-ups.
Stuart Anderton, Future’s Chief Information Officer, says,“Tapping in to the incredible potential of mobile requires fast moving thought and development. We have our own software creation and distribution tools which free up talented individuals to make exciting new products really quickly and take them to market, held back only by the speed of their imagination.”
Mike added,“I’ve enjoyed working with FutureFolio to create best-in-class digital editions that our customers love. Now the skills and best practise around digital editions are embedded inside the editorial teams, it’s time to experiment with brand-new content types and reach out to new audiences wherever they are. Whether it’s phone or tablet, iOS or Android, I believe we can not only continue to innovate in our mobile products but seek out new opportunities and revenues for our brands we haven’t even considered.”
Reporting in to Chief Information Officer Stuart Anderton, the first apps from this new team will launch in Q1 2014.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 57 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 19 million magazines last year, that’s 37 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have sold over 5 million digital issues in the last year.
• Future exports or syndicates 218 publications to over 92 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.