NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
New Britain, CT, United States, 2007/02/07 - Based on the novel SimWelder product, SimWelder Ed is a fully functional welding simulation designed for technical high schools and community colleges.
VRSim, Inc. has announced the release of SimWelder Ed (Educational Version). Based on the novel SimWelder product, SimWelder Ed is a fully functional welding simulation designed for technical high schools and community colleges. Using SimWelder Ed, students learn basic welding skills in a safe environment without consuming materials or creating waste.
Available to approved institutions, SimWelder Ed is a stand-alone GMAW tool that helps train better welders faster. SimWelder Ed comes with the following features:
• Provides realistic welding in a 3D virtual environment
• Allows student to train in the following weld positions:
- GMAW/MIG Mild Steel and Aluminum
- Flat Fillet
- Horizontal Fillet
- Vertical Fillet
- Overhead Fillet
- Enables students to:
- Properly set up the weld equipment (e.g., power, polarity, gas flow, wire feed speed, and voltage)
- Trim the wire, quench the metal, and clean the work
- Records student progress with objective feedback
- Displays real time visual cues that aid in quicker learning
- Displays a real time graph of student performance:
- Travel speed
- Work angle
- Travel angle
- Contact tip to work distance
- Torch aim vector
- Customized Splash Screen and Student Report with Logo
- Incorporates a real welding torch
- Runs on a Windows XP operating environment
This product is available for approved educational institutions for $25,500 USD per unit. Volume discounts are available.
“This product is a low entry cost simulation to help address the pressing shortages of welders in the workforce,” stated Matthew Wallace, the Chief Executive Officer and President of VRSim, Inc. “While we have received a phenomenal response to SimWelder, VRSim wanted to address the long term shortage in a meaningful way. By creating SimWelder for Education, we are trying to help, speed the process of reinvigorating our welding workforce,” said Matthew Wallace.
About VRSim, Inc.
VRSim, Inc. (vrsim.net) is a rapidly growing technology company headquartered in New Britain, CT. VRSim employs proprietary technology to create innovative visual environments and training tools. Prominent aerospace and defense manufacturers including Lockheed Martin Aerospace, U.S. Army, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Northrop Grumman, Sikorsky Helicopter, Flight Safety International, and Bell Helicopter use VRSim’s products and services.