The strategic partnership sees the creation of a multi-platform, multi-brand campaign across flagship brands including T3, Total Film, CVG and Fast Car.
Combined, these portfolios reach over 37 million technology, games, film and auto enthusiasts globally and more than 10 million in the UK. Future’s unique access to these groups and its ability to co-create best-in-class digital, video and print content enables Microsoft to target consumers with interests in the various elements which make the Xbox One the ultimate all-in-one games and entertainment system.
The partnership sees a complete homepage redesign of seven of Future’s flagship sites T3, TechRadar, Gizmodo UK, CVG, GamesRadar, OXM and Total Film to mirror the Xbox One dashboard. Custom Xbox One channels have been created to provide authoritative insight on specific areas of the Xbox One and are integrated with weekly video content looking at all aspects of the new system. The evolving partnership also started with the redesign of the brands’ logos to mirror the Xbox One logo.
Leveraging Future’s editorial expertise, a bespoke magazine dedicated to the Xbox One, with content relating to hardware, film, gaming and technology, has been created and distributed to various retail outlets and through Future’s own print titles T3, Xbox: The Official Magazine, Edge, Total Film, SFX and Fast Car.
The two month partnership was developed by Future and Microsoft’s media agency, Universal McCann, and is live until the middle of January.
Gerson Barnett, Director of Digital Agency Sales at Future, says: “This is a powerful partnership for Future and really underlines our commitment to deliver highly creative and fully integrated cross-platform and cross-portfolio solutions with digital at their heart. It’s been a pleasure working with Microsoft and Universal McCann developing this unique proposition.”
Nial Ferguson, Managing Director, Future UK, says: “Future’s reach of over 10 million highly engaged tech, games, film and auto enthusiasts in the UK, combined with truly innovative multi-platform solutions, make the perfect partnership for Microsoft to capture consumers across a variety of interest groups. The campaign delivers for the client and shows the unique potential of utilising Future’s brands cross-portfolio.”
Harvey Eagle, Marketing Director, Xbox UK, says: “The strategic partnership between Future and Xbox provides us with a trusted and creative platform to communicate to our target audience. Future’s varied portfolio is perfectly suited to bringing to life the gaming and entertainment capabilities of our new generation console.”
Rory Behrman, Business Director at UM London, adds: “This partnership not only delivers innovation, reach and enormous value but, most-importantly, cut-through for Xbox in a highly competitive marketplace.”
TechRadar is the largest UK-based technology news and reviews site, T3 is the world’s best lifestyle technology magazine and the UK’s best-selling digital magazine of any kind and Gizmodo UK is the UK’s most community-orientated technology website.
CVG the world’s longest-established games media brand has recently undergone a redesign resulting in a 50% year-on-year increase in traffic, GamesRadar the premier source of everything video games reaches 4.4 million unique users every month, Xbox: The Official Magazine is the UK’s biggest-selling games magazine, while multi-format video game authority Edge continues its global expansion with an award-winning, fully interactive digital edition.
Total Film is the exemplar of a modern multi-platform brand, serving its audience online, via social media, on mobile, through events and in print and digital editions, SFX is the world’s number one sci-fi and fantasy magazine and Fast Car is the UK’s number one resource for manufacturers, retailers and service providers in the after market auto sector.
Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
Xbox (xbox.com) is Microsoft’s premier entertainment brand for the TV, phone, PC and tablet. In living rooms or on the go, Xbox is home to the best and broadest games, as well as one of the world’s largest libraries of movies, TV, music and sports. Your favourite games, TV and entertainment come to life in new ways through the power of Kinect, Xbox SmartGlass and Xbox Live, the world’s premier social entertainment network.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.