NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Kitwe, Zambia, 2013/12/05 - Some 1500 mining experts are expected at the upcoming Copperbelt Mining Trade Expo and Conference or CBM-TEC in Kitwe, Zambia in April next year at an industry event that has been described as long overdue for the region - CBM-TEC.com.
In association with the Electra Mining Africa exhibition in Johannesburg, South Africa, CBM-TEC is organised jointly by Specialised Exhibitions Montgomery and Spintelligent.
Nicole Smith is the event director: “Zambia is Africa’s mining hot spot. Compared to other countries, mining makes an unusually large contribution to total export earnings, national investment and total foreign direct investment. The first CBM-TEC, a technical, suppliers and services trade expo, will be held over two days and is unique in that it will focus on adding real value and connectivity to the regional mining industry.”
She continues: “utilising Specialised Exhibitions Montgomery’s international reach, the exhibition will support the growth of the local mining community and service sector, delivering a significant commercial upside to the region. Spintelligent is the organiser of the iPAD series of mining conferences as well as the publishers of Mining Review Africa.”
High-level Zambian support
CBM-TEC (cbm-tec.com) enjoys the support of the Chamber of Mines of Zambia and Zambia Development Agency and the following high-level stalwarts of the Zambian mining industry have already confirmed their attendance and participation in the programme:
• Mr Emmanuel Mutati, President, Chamber of Mines Zambia;
• Mr Jewette Masinja, Former Permanent Secretary, Zambia Ministry of Environment;
• Namuchana Musiwa, Former President, Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management;
• Mr Nathan Chishimba, President, Assocation of Zambian Exploration Companies.
Main conference topics will include:
• Putting Zambia’s Copperbelt on the map local strategies for creating sustainable world-class mining operations;
• Roadmap for developing the local supply chain;
• Creating a sustainable mining industry best practices for managing the environment;
• Creating optimal conditions for mining output the energy question;
• Skilling up the Zambian mining sector best practices;
• Infrastructure requirements to boost mining operations;
• Snapshot of mining exploration and mine expansion projects.
The expo will include free technical workshops as well as an extensive offering of products and services for the local industry.
Event dates and location:
Conference and expo: 28-29 April, 2014
Location: Mist Gardens Venue, Kitwe. Zambia