NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Pune, Maharashtra, India, 2007/02/09 - FileView.Net Control brings a drop-in Windows Explorer-like file and folder browsing listview UI to your application complete with Thumbnails, Details and Group Views, AutoUpdate, dragdrop, icons, contextmenus, non-filesystem items.
A quick scan of developer forums, newsgroups and community websites reveals one of the most common obstacles that developers face in their projects - adding file-browsing and selection functionality in their applications while maintaining the Windows Explorer look, behavior and the advanced features that Windows Explorer offers. Sky Software, a leading developer of ActiveX and .Net GUI components, has a solution in the form of its FileView of GUI components for ActiveX and .Net which allows developers to add drop-in Windows Explorer-like listview functionality to their Windows GUI applications.
FileView ActiveX Control brings a drop-in Windows Explorer-like listview UI to your application. It provides a familiar yet powerful file/folder browsing UI right inside your own forms and dialogs and is a perfect replacement for the plain, inflexible, modal APIs which UI developers are currently limited to. It offers complete support for Thumbnail, Details and GroupView, AutoUpdate, dragdrop, icons, contextmenus, non-filesystem items, default key-handling, infotips and renaming. It features powerful behavior control and customization functionality that takes it miles ahead of Windows Explorer by adding features like filtering, checkboxes, custom items, custom columns and dragdrop control and customization of default contextmenus, displaynames, icons and infotips. When combined with FolderView and ShComboBox controls, it recreates the entire Windows Explorer UI in your app. FileView.Net has a royalty-free redistribution license; it has no external dependencies which allows ease of redistribution and it comes with comprehensive documentation and numerous samples to quickly get you started.
Fileview has follwing prominent features:
• Complete Windows Explorer look, feel and behavior
• 2-line integration with FolderView and ShComboBox brings complete Windows Explorer functionality to your application
• Identical displaynames, icons and overlay icons shown for files/folders
• Identical dragdrop functionality
• Identical renaming functionality
• Identical display of infotips for files/folder
• Identical display of contextmenus (including 'Send To' and any other submenus) for files/folders
• Identical support for various display modes (Large Icon, Small Icon,etc.) including full support for 'Details' and ‘Thumbnail’ mode
• Identical default-key handling functionality (e.g. Alt-Enter shows the properties dialog box)
• Identical background context menu functionality when the empty background area is right-clicked
• Powerful AutoUpdate functionality refreshes FileView automatically when files/folders are renamed, deleted or created
Advanced customization features
• Developer specified displaynames for files/folders
• Developer specified icons and overlay icons for files/folders
• Display of custom items (i.e. items not belonging to the shell )
• Display of custom menuitems in the contextmenus of files/folders
• Display of developer specified infotips for files/folders
• Pattern-based filtering of files/folders (e.g. : "*.bmp;*.jpg" )
• Developer controlled filtering of files/folders (using a simple event)
• Display of checkboxes next to each file/folder
• Display of checkboxes next to just developer-specified files/folders
• Display developer defined columns in 'Details Mode'
• Hide standard columns in 'Details Mode'
• Developer specified text for files/folders for standard columns in 'Details Mode'
• Total appearance control by changing backcolor, forecolor, text fonts and other listview properties
FileView is available in ActiveX as well as .Net versions. The ActiveX version is compatible with a wide variety of developing environments including Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C++ MFC and ATL apps, Microsoft Office VBA, Borland Delphi and Borland C++ Builder. The .Net versions are compatible with Visual Studio.Net 2002, Visual Studio.Net 2003, SharpDevelop and other IDEs.