Avolution have today announced that its latest release of ABACUS incorporates all of the enhancements introduced into the new 2.1 Specification of ArchiMate. The Open Group’s ArchiMate Standard provides instruments to enable enterprise architects to describe, analyse and visualise the relationships among business domains in an unambiguous way. Specifically, ArchiMate defines a common language for describing the construction and operation of business processes, organisational structures, information flows, IT systems, and technical infrastructure, and supports the use of Enterprise Modeling tools such as ABACUS in the design, assessment, and communication of the consequences of decisions and changes within and between these business domains.
Dr Tim O'Neill, founder of Avolution, said “Maintaining support for the latest releases of commonly used industry frameworks is a high priority for Avolution. Organisations wishing to base their Enterprise or Solution Architectures on ArchiMate can confidently utilise ABACUS as their modelling tool knowing that any revisions introduced by the Open Group will quickly be incorporated”. O’Neill continued,“Not only do we support the latest iterations of The Open Group’s two modelling standards, TOGAF and ArchiMate, in ABACUS 4.2 we have introduced a hybrid library based on them both, combining the architecture methodology and framework of TOGAF with the drawing notation of ArchiMate”.
ABACUS also supports more than 30 other industry frameworks and notations out-of-the-box, including; DoDAF/MoDAF, FEAF, PEAF, BPMN and UML. ABACUS's ontological approach means that meta-models are very easily modified or created, all through 'right-clicks' or ‘drag-and-drops’ in the standard GUI.
Avolution (avolution.eu) provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modelling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Cost and Agility. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty. More information is available at our website.
• Build any number of solution alternatives and views all according to a completely flexible meta-model.
• Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
• View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.
About the Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through IT standards. With more than 400 member organizations, we have a diverse membership that spans all sectors of the IT community customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators and consultants, as well as academics and researchers to:
• Capture, understand and address current and emerging requirements, and establish policies and share best practices
• Facilitate interoperability, develop consensus, and evolve and integrate specifications and open source technologies
• Offer a comprehensive set of services to enhance the operational efficiency of consortia
• Operate the industry’s premier certification service.