NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2013/11/08 - Key vendors include BMW, Ford Motor, General Motors, Toyota Motor, Delphi Automotive, Robert Bosch, Continenta, WirelessCab - TechNavio.com.
According to the latest research findings by the independent London-based global research firm TechNavio, USA is the leading country in the Global Telematics Market. The findings are for the forecast period 2012-2016.
The Global Telematics market is mainly concentrated in the Americas. The strong presence of global players, such as Ford and GM, has made the US the largest telematics market in the world. In 2012, the Americas witnessed a shipment of 6.7 million units, which will be increasing significantly by 2016. The increasing focus on security is one of the major reasons for the adoption of telematics in Americas.
The EMEA region follows this driven by the high adoption of telematics by Western European countries. The Telematics market in this region will be witnessing sales of 19.1 million units by 2016 due to the presence of various government mandates and technological advancements.
The growth next comes from the APAC region, driven by the high adoption of telematics in China. The APAC region will be witnessing shipment up to 13.2 million units by 2016.
The Global Telematics market is diverse and huge and includes revenue generated from devices, services, hardware, and phone applications. Factors such as increasing consumer awareness about driving safety and the use of other driving-related solutions that being provided through telematics systems (such as fleet management and vehicle tracking system) have also helped in expanding the market further.
Speaking on this occasion, one of the senior analysts and co-author of this report said,“The Global Embedded Telematics market is divided into the OEM and Aftermarket segments. In terms of the number of units sold, the OEM segment dominates this market with a market share of 81.8 percent in 2012. The Aftermarket segment, on the other hand, occupies the remaining 18.2 percent of the Global Telematics market. With increasing adoption of embedded telematics, the share of the OEM segment is expected to increase further during the forecast period due to the increasing demand from end-users for vehicles equipped with telematics.”
To determine the scenario for these vendors in the next 3-4 years, TechNavio analysts have conducted in-depth analysis of the impact of market drivers, challenges and trends featuring data on product segmentations, vendor shares, growth rate by revenue and an evaluation of the different buying criteria in order of importance.
If you are interested in more information on this topic and our upcoming research on the Global Telematics Market 2012-2016, please send an e-mail to media[.]TechNavio.com.
TechNavio (technavio.com) is a leading technology research and advisory company with a global coverage. We focus on emerging technology trends that can shape the market. We identify and explain these trends to our customers to help them take better decisions.
TechNavio models the trends using a mix of quantitative and qualitative tools in its proprietary research methodologies. We build forecasts across market segments and geographies based on the trends identified. These forecasts and analysis are used to help our customers identify new and existing opportunities in their markets. We also help customers assess their competitive position in a changing market scenario.
TechNavio analysts employ primary as well as secondary research techniques to ascertain the size and vendor landscape of the Global Telematics Market 2012-2016. Our analysts obtain the information using a combination of the bottom-up and top-down approaches, besides using in-house market modeling tools. They corroborate this data with the data obtained from various market participants and stakeholders across the value chain, including vendors, service providers, distributors, re-sellers, and end-users.
Decision makers and influencers in sales & marketing, strategy, product and R&D teams rely on research from TechNavio. We have a large and growing base of happy customers worldwide. Our customers include technology suppliers, end users, consulting companies, investment firms and research institutes.
Founded in 2003, TechNavio has about 200 analysts globally. We cover more than 500 technologies across 80 countries. Our analysts are closely monitoring the market every day by talking to all the industry participants. We have proprietary databases that provide us with a complete perspective of the market. TechNavio develops over 2000 pieces of research deliverables every year.