South Carolina’s 25 fastest growing companies were introduced and honored at a lunch today at the Marriott Hotel in Columbia, attended by business leaders from across the state, with SolBright Renewable Energy, LLC of Charleston taking home top honors in the twelfth annual competition.
From scores of entries spanning dozens of communities and industries, the companies were selected on the basis of income and employee growth in a process overseen by statewide accounting firm Scott and Company and the investment bank, The Capital Corporation. Other sponsors included Wells Fargo, Columbia Business Monthly and Greenville Business Magazine.
To be eligible for consideration, companies must:
• Be headquartered in South Carolina.
• Have been in operation for at least three full fiscal years
• Have reported revenues of at least $3 million ($50 million in assets for financial institutions) in the most recent reported year.
Company rankings were based on the three most recently completed fiscal years at the time of nomination. Nominees were judged on financial growth and employee growth over the three-year period from 2010 - 2012.
“We had a very strong field this year,” said Dan Adams, President and CEO of The Capital Corporation. “And many of them are new this year, which is a testament to the strength and growth of the South Carolina economy.”
Nominees submitted financial and employment information to Scott and Company CPAs, which verified the information and established the rankings from number 1 to number 25.
“We were very impressed with the steady financial growth of all the companies, and are encouraged about the outlook for their continued growth and success,” said Don Mobley, managing member of Scott and Company CPAs’ Midlands office.
Members of the sponsoring organizations made site visits to the nominees to meet with company executives and view their facilities and offices.
“I was very impressed with how so many of the companies had reinvented themselves to weather the economic downturn and have come out of it stronger than ever,” said Rick Redden, president of Wells Fargo South Carolina Regional Banking.
Lori Coon, publisher of Columbia Business Monthly and Greenville Business Magazine, said the diversity of winners shows the strength of business across the state. “The honored firms represent a wide variety of industries, from construction and engineering to apparel, advertising and food service.”
Spencer Webster, Coca Cola South Carolina Region Sales Manager, delivered the keynote address.
South Carolina’s 25 Fastest Growing Companies for 2013, in order, are:
1. SolBright Renewable Energy, LLC, Charleston
2. Sandlapper Securities, LLC, Greenville
3. Wireless Communications, Greenville
4. BoomTown, Charleston
5. Southern Tide, Greenville
6. Immedion, Greenville
7. Ishpi Information Technologies, Mount Pleasant
8. Serrus Capital Partners, Inc., Greenville
9. Unitrends, Columbia
10. Ob Hospitalists Group, Mauldin
11. Creative Builders, Inc., Greenville
12. Spartina 449, LLC, Hilton Head Island
13. Alliance Consulting Engineers, Inc., Columbia
14. UEC Electronics, Hanahan
15. O’Neal, Inc., Greenville
16. Agency Advisors, Inc., Greenville
17. Customer Effective, Greenville
18. Network Controls & Electric, Inc., Greer
19. Avtec, Inc., Lexington
20.Infinity Marketing, Greenville
21. A3 Communications, Irmo
22. Wellman Plastics Recycling, LLC, Johnsonville
23. Vapor Apparel, North Charleston
24. EDTS, LLC, Greenville
25. Southern Way Catering, Columbia
For additional information on South Carolina’s Fastest-Growing Companies, visit them online or call 864-335-5080.