ZOLL Medical Corporation, a manufacturer of resuscitation devices and related software solutions, today announced that its advanced resuscitation and critical care solutions will be on display in booth A01 during the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) 2013 Congress, 25-26 October in Krakow, Poland.
Lunchtime Symposium: “Life-Saving Special Ops”
ZOLL, the principal sponsor of ERC, will host a lunchtime symposium from 12:30 pm. to 13:30 pm., Saturday, 26 October in the Auditorium Maximum at Jagiellonian University. Distinguished experts will lead discussions on the needs of resuscitation and critical care patients in unusual settings or under trying circumstances.
Janusz Andres, MD, PhD, FERC, Chair, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, and Karl Kern, MD, Chief of Cardiology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, U.S., will moderate presentations that include:
• “Game on. Player down. Now What? What can we do when cardiac arrest occurs on the football pitch?” presented by Ceri Hunter-Dunn, BM, BS, Emergency Medicine Physician, London’s Air Ambulance, Physician Response Unit Doctor, Wembley Stadium Event and Pitch Doctor.
• “Resuscitation in a helicopter Keeping quality high,” presented by Martin von der Heyden, MD, Head of In-hospital Emergency Medicine, Medical Director of Air Rescue Service,”Christoph 47,” Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Greifswald University Medical Center, Germany.
• “One-two punch: Cooling an early coronary angiography after out-of-hospital SCA,” presented by Dr. Kern.
Advanced Critical Care Solutions from ZOLL
Highlights among ZOLL’s clinical portfolio in booth A01 include:
• The X Series® and R Series® Monitor/Defibrillators. The X Series is about half the size and half the weight of competitive full-featured monitor/defibrillators, yet much more powerful and built to the most extensive standards for ruggedness. The R Series® Code-Ready defibrillators are designed to extend “Simple, Smart and Ready” defibrillation to every hospital department through advanced, cost-effective solutions for resuscitation. Both the X Series and the R Series feature ZOLL’s breakthrough CPR technologies, Real CPR Help® and See-Thru CPR®.
• The AutoPulse® Non-Invasive Cardiac Support Pump is an automated, portable chest compression device. It is the only mechanical CPR system to have shown improved survival in comparative clinical trials. The AutoPulse more than tripled survival compared to typical CPR during witnessed shockable arrests.1 Most recently a meta-analysis of available clinical findings found that the likelihood of circulation returning was 62% higher with use of the AutoPulse when compared to manual compressions, while a parallel analysis showed no significant change with a conventional piston-driven device.2
• RescueNet® Link gives pre-hospital emergency response personnel a single point for information, while simultaneously providing hospital staff with the knowledge to triage incoming patients and assign beds and staff before arrival. For the first time, hospital patient care and EMS operations come together through a single system that delivers real-time access to incident and vital clinical information.
• ZOLL’s Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM™) system offers health care providers the power and control they need to rapidly, safely, and effectively manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients. The Thermogard XP® delivers accurate, easy-to-use and cost-effective control for both cooling and warming applications.
• The LIFEBRIDGE® System allows the cardiovascular system and critical organs to rest, heal, and recover by improving blood flow and oxygenation in an emergency setting*.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com), an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group (asahi-kasei.co.jp) is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the chemicals and fibers, homes and construction materials, electronics, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, and nutritional products. With more than 25,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries.
Copyright © 2013 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AutoPulse, Code-Ready, IVTM, LIFEBRIDGE, Real CPR Help, R Series, RescueNet, See-Thru CPR, X Series, Thermogard XP, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Asahi Kasei is a registered trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation. All product names are the property of their respective owners.
1. Wik L, et al. The impact of CPR duration on survival to discharge between integrated AutoPulse-CPR and manual-CPR during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest of presumed cardiac origin. Resuscitation. 2012;83:e17
2. Westfall et al. Mechanical versus manual chest compressions in out-of-hospital-cardiac arrest. Critical Care Medicine. 2013;41:1-7.