NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Schenectady, NY, United States, 2013/10/15 - Building on its leadership in providing utilities with solutions to more effectively evaluate their transmission grid systems, GE Energy Consulting announced the release of its Concorda Software Suite PSLF Version 18.1_02 [NYSE: GE]. NYSE: GE
• GE Introduces Concorda PSLF Version 18.1_02 Software;
• Upgraded PSLF Software Offers Numerous Advances;
• New Geomagnetic Disturbance Analysis Engine Among New Key Features.
Concorda PSLF is a leading power flow and dynamics simulation software used by transmission planners across the globe. The upgraded software offers numerous advances over its previous version, including:
• Newly developed geomagnetic disturbance (GMD) analysis support. Enhanced analysis capability including unique data estimation capability, allowing analysis with minimal data preparation;
• New overcurrent relay models;
• New generic wind turbine models;
• New dynamics event table that describes the sequence of events during a simulation;
• Major improvements to steady state and dynamics import;
• New file export capabilities into CSV or XML format;
• Completely redesigned dynamics contingency processor;
• Numerous other small improvements to improve overall user experience.
“As utilities grapple with the challenges of managing more complex transmission systems, our latest upgrade to our PSLF software demonstrates our commitment to providing our customers with the solutions they need to help them more effectively simulate and study planning scenarios, which in turn enables them to improve the reliability of their transmission systems,” said Devin Van Zandt, software product manager, GE Energy Consulting.
The PSLF software is part of the broader Concorda Software Suite that also includes MAPS• and MARS*. GE Energy Consulting develops, commercially licenses and supports these internationally recognized products that are widely used for planning and simulating electric power grids, assessing the economic performance of large electricity market segments and evaluating generation reliability.
The upgraded PSLF software introduction complements the 2012 launch of GE’s portfolio of Industrial Internet solutions, which aims to bridge the gap between people, machines and data, and show how business and technology leaders can improve efficiency and ultimately create smarter and faster solutions to improve electrical system efficiency, and reduce downtime.
For more information about GE Energy Consulting’s software solutions, including its Concorda Software Suite and PSLF solution, please visit our website at ge-concorda.com/.
About GE’s Energy Consulting Group
For nearly a century, GE’s Energy Consulting experts have focused on solving the electric power industry’s most pressing challenges driving the evolution of electric power systems with greater affordability, reliability, and efficiency. Today, GE’s Energy Consulting team continues this tradition by providing innovative solutions across the entire spectrum of power generation, delivery, and utilization. With our cross-company resources, GE’s Energy Consulting business is able to serve a diverse global client base with a strong local presence.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.
Tom Murnane, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518-786-6488 - E: tom.murnane[.]mastopr.com.
Howard Masto, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518-786-6488 - E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.