The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today unveiled several new board members slated to join the MMA Global Board of Directors. Additionally, as announced at the MMA’s SM2 conference, Paul Palmieri, CEO and Co-Founder of Millennial Media, was appointed by the board to serve as Global Chair. Palmieri succeeds Cameron Clayton, President, Digital Group, The Weather Company, who held the position for the past two years.
Elected by the MMA’s global membership, the new and reappointed board members will serve a two-year term. The appointment of these brand leaders is a testament to the pivotal role that the MMA plays to provide guidance, thought-leadership and education to the marketing community.
The new and reelected board members include:
• John Costello, President, Global Marketing & Innovation, Dunkin' Brands;
• Jack Haber, VP Global Advertising & Digital, Colgate-Palmolive Company;
• Marc Speichert, CMO, L'Oréal USA;
• Robert Tas, Managing Director, Head of Digital Marketing, JP Morgan Chase & Co.;
• Wanda Young, VP, Media & Digital Marketing, Walmart.
“With marketing’s seismic shift to mobile, marketers have become increasingly active with the MMA’s mission to evolve mobile as an indispensable component of the marketing mix. Executives realize the importance of mobile to the future health of their businesses,” said Greg Stuart, CEO, MMA. “I am pleased to welcome the new board members and look forward to working shoulder-to-shoulder as we advance the mobile marketing industry worldwide.”
The returning members of the MMA Global Board of Directors include:
• Cameron Clayton, President, Digital, The Weather Company
• Jennifer Creegan, GM Brand Advertising, Online Services Division, Microsoft
• Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, The Coca-Cola Company
• Carolyn Everson, VP Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
• Scott Ferber, Chairman & CEO, Videology
• Joe Kennedy, CEO & President, Pandora
• Simon Khalaf, President & CEO, Flurry
• Scott Kveton, Co-Founder & CEO, Urban Airship
• Perley McBride, EVP & CFO, Leap Wireless International
• Neal Mohan, VP Display Advertising Products, Google
• Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti
• Rob Norman, Chief Digital Officer, GroupM Global
• Paul Palmieri, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Millennial Media
• Jack Philbin, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Vibes Media
• Dipanshu Sharma, Founder & CEO, xAd
• Rich Stalzer, CEO, Voltari
• Naveen Tewari, Founder & CEO, InMobi
• Alan Yan, Founder & CEO, AdChina
“The MMA Global Board of Directors reflects the diversity of the mobile ecosystem. To advance mobile as a marketing vehicle, you need to have everyone represented at the table marketers, agencies, media and technology enablers,” said Palmieri. “With the recent board appointments the MMA global board is a collection of the most brilliant and visionary business leaders. Together we will drive growth for the mobile marketing industry, be an influential authority for the development of standards and demonstrate mobile’s power to transform businesses.”
The global board also appointed members for the Global Board Executive Committee. These leaders were selected for their commitment to shape the future of the mobile industry and serve as a catalyst to inspire brands to bolster their mobile efforts.
The appointed Global Board Executive Committee is comprised of:
• Global Chair: Paul Palmieri, President, CEO and Co-Founder, Millennial Media
• Global Vice Chair: Jack Philbin, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Vibes
• Global Secretary: Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
• Member at Large: Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti plc.
• Member at Large: Joe Kennedy, CEO & President, Pandora Media, Inc.
• Member at Large: John Costello, President, Global Marketing and Innovation, Dunkin Brands, Inc.
• Treasurer: Perley McBride, EVP, CFO, Leap Wireless International, Inc.
• Chair Emeritus: Cameron Clayton, President, Digital Group, The Weather Company
• MMA President: Greg Stuart, CEO & President, MMA.
“With his vast knowledge and leadership experience in the mobile space, Paul Palmieri will accelerate momentum for the MMA globally. We are indebted to Cameron Clayton who structured the MMA for success and invested in turnkey initiatives such as the Mobile X% Solution and SMoX.me. There has never been a more exciting time for the MMA as mobile enables marketers to move closer to consumers than ever before,” said Stuart.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (mmaglobal.com | mobilemarketingforum.com) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing nearly fifty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches.