Carphone Warehouse has chosen Future’s Technology Group as its exclusive partner to develop and manage a six-month, six-figure ‘Smart Choice’ content partnership campaign which includes a raft of bespoke digital solutions.
Future’s technology brands including TechRadar, T3 and Gizmodo UK − deliver 22+ million technology enthusiasts globally each month, and more than five million in the UK. Future’s access to this tech-savvy audience and its ability to co-create best-in-class digital and video content will enable Carphone Warehouse to reach consumers in the period of consideration prior to upgrading their smartphone.
Research indicates that consumers take up to three months to review options for their next handset purchase. Carphone Warehouse required a media partner and multi-platform content which would let them reach consumers early in this consideration phase and provide them with engaging and helpful information.
The partnership will involve the creation of a ‘Smart Choice’ content destination within TechRadar offering compelling and in-depth information, including rapid answers to questions from consumers researching their next handset. ‘Smart Choice’ also includes integrated video content in partnership with Carphone Warehouse video agency Adjust Your Set. T3 and Gizmodo are also integrated into the partnership, with activity driving digital reach among Future’s valuable technology audience.
The six month partnership was created by Future and Carphone Warehouse media agency m/SIX, and launches this week.
Stuart Staves, Advertising Director, Future Technology Group, says: “Carphone Warehouse chose us because of our market-leading Tech brands and credentials. TechRadar, T3 and Gizmodo each month produce more mobile content than any other publisher, capturing 1.4 million consumers searching for trustworthy advice. Once video is added, we have the journey of consideration and research fully covered.”
Future’s Head of Commercial Strategy & Insight Natalie Rea adds: “Carphone Warehouse needed a strategy and media partner that would allow them to capture consumers early in the consideration phase, securing their retailer preference. Smart Choice provides the perfect solution for Carphone Warehouse to position itself to reach consumers before they’ve decided on an upgrade. It is the definition of a strong content partnership.”
Richard Bailey, Online Marketing Executive, Carphone Warehouse: “Our analytics indicate that Future’s properties are prominent in the early phases of the research journey. We wanted to be more considered within these stages by offering expert advice. This partnership is the perfect solution to accessing the right audience, at the right time with the right messaging.”
TechRadar is the largest UK-based technology news and reviews site. T3 is the world’s best lifestyle technology magazine and the UK’s best-selling digital magazine of any kind and Gizmodo UK is the UK’s fastest-growing technology website.
Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.