NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Malvern, PA, United States, 2013/10/03 - Performance Development Group (PDG) and Merck Global Vaccines and Sterile Manufacturing (GVSM) have won two Gold Excellence in Learning Awards for the Best Learning Team and the Best Results of a Learning Program from Brandon Hall Group.
Performance Development Group (PDG) and Merck Global Vaccines and Sterile Manufacturing (GVSM) are winners of two Brandon Hall Group Gold Excellence in Learning Awards for the Best Learning Team and the Best Results of a Learning Program. Both awards are the result of a long-term partnership to create and operate a global corporate university within Merck, called the Merck GVSM Learning Academies. “We are proud of this fantastic joint achievement and the strong partnership we have experienced working with Merck GVSM,” says PDG President Keith Forshew. “These awards are a great reflection of the high impact work we engage in, and the level of professionalism PDG employees bring to our clients each and every day.”
The Merck/PDG partnership was able to drive real business change that gave rise to cost savings, increases in productivity, and overall positive culture change through the creation and operation of the Merck GVSM Learning Academies. The ability of the Merck/PDG partnership to drive significant business impact resulted in Brandon Hall awarding the team the Best Results of a Learning Program award. An international panel of veteran, independent senior industry experts, and Brandon Hall Group senior analysts and executive leadership evaluated the entries.
For the Best Results of a Learning Program award PDG and Merck team were judged on:
• Fit to the Needs: This learning program is effectively aligned to the learning needs and business/organizational situation.
• Design of the Program: The design of this learning program started with a business/organizational goal and effectively supports the learning objectives.
• Delivery: The training was delivered in a manner that positively influenced the organizational goals and learning results.
• Measurable Benefits: This learning program produced measurable benefits and outcomes.
• Overall: Overall, this learning program demonstrates a positive impact for the learners and organization.
Building and operating a global corporate university like the Merck GVSM Learning Academies requires vision, high quality talent, and strong cooperation. The powerful partnership between team members from Merck and PDG was crucial to realizing their accomplishments in workplace learning, and earned the Gold Award for the Best Learning Team.
To obtain the gold for the Best Learning Team, PDG and Merck had to excel in:
• Teamwork: The team of learning professionals works effectively together to provide learning services to its user organization.
• New Approaches: This team of learning professionals makes excellent use of new learning approaches and models.
• Measurable Benefits: This team of learning professionals produces measurable benefits and outcomes.
• Leveraging of Resources: This team of learning professionals makes the best use of its available resources.
• Overall: Overall, this team of learning professionals demonstrates a positive impact for its user audience and organization.
“Year after year we are amazed at the submissions that are placed before our judging panel. In another record-breaking year for our awards program, we are proud to recognize organizations that are focused on developing and implementing world-class initiatives that show exemplary business performance and focus on best practices,” said Mike Cooke, Chief Executive Officer of Brandon Hall Group, Inc.
PDG (performdev.com) is a global leader in providing workforce transformation solutions which build value for their clients by aligning workforce performance with corporate strategy. They work with their clients to create the strategy, develop the solutions and provide a scalable implementation capability to drive bottom line results through improved workforce performance. Privately held since 2002 and headquartered in Malvern, PA. PDG offers a comprehensive suite of products and services that support the entire workforce transformation lifecycle.
About Brandon Hall Group
Having worked with more than 10,000 clients globally and after 20 years of delivering world-‐class solutions, Brandon Hall Group is the preeminent research and analyst organization focused on developing research-‐driven solutions to drive organizational performance for emerging and large organizations. Brandon Hall Group has an extensive repository of thought leadership, research, data and expertise in Learning and Development, Talent Management, Sales Effectiveness, Marketing Impact, and Executive Management.