NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Boxborough, MA, United States, 2013/10/01 - Intertek's training seminar in Lafayette, LA is designed to help manufacturers navigate the complexities of product certification for the Oil & Gas industry - Intertek.com. LSE: ITRK
Intertek, a leading provider of quality and safety solutions to industries worldwide, is hosting a full-day seminar at its Lafayette, Louisiana, training facility on October 9, 2013. Sessions are designed around the key issues identified by companies manufacturing products for the Oil & Gas industry and other Hazardous Locations, or attempting to enter these markets.
Scheduled Topics Include:
• Certifications 101: Practical Applications of Standards, Directives & Schemes;
• North American Divisions and Zones;
• European ATEX Directive and global IECEx Scheme;
• Protection Methods (Intrinsic Safety, Explosion/Flameproof, etc);
• U.S. Coast Guard rule change and implications for the Gulf;
• CompEx Training & What it Means for Manufacturers;
• Tips for Manufacturers on how to talk to their customers about Hazardous Locations product requirements;
• Meet & greet with Intertek engineers & experts.
• Date: October 9, 2013
• Time: 8:30 am. 5 pm. (Includes complimentary lunch)
• Venue: Intertek, 122 James Comeaux Road, Lafayette, Louisiana 70508
Intertek (intertek.com) is the leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value to customers’ products, processes and assets. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 36,000 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies’ success in a global marketplace. Intertek helps its customers to meet end users’ expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.