NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bath, Banes, United Kingdom, 2013/09/19 - Future, the international media group, took the top award as Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for the second consecutive year at the UK’s PPA Digital Publishing Awards last night - Futureplc.com. LSE: FUTR
• TechRadar named Outstanding Global Achievement;
• Tom Dennis named Consumer Media Digital Native 2013;
• Tech Marketing named Digital Marketing Team of the Year;
• More wins than any other media business!
Future is the first company to win twice in succession, and won against stiff competition from industry heavyweights including IPC Media, Hearst Magazines UK, Immediate Media and Dennis Publishing.
The win underlines Future’s position at the forefront of digital transition in UK media. In June Future was also named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year by the Association of Online Publishers (AOP) and in May Future was named Media Company of the Year at the British Media Awards. Future has won the AOP Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year Award for an unprecedented three years in succession. The PPA (Professional Publishers’ Association) is the top UK publishing industry body.
Future CEO Mark Wood says: “To win the top PPA digital award for the second consecutive year is both an honour and quite some achievement against a shortlist of such heavyweights. We are proud to be seen as industry leaders in the transition from print to a digitally focussed business and the award will spur us on to maintain Future’s relentless pace of change and innovation.”
TechRadar the UK’s biggest technology reviews site, with a global audience of over 18 million users walked away with the Outstanding Global Achievement Award against competition from Decanter Asia and UBM’s Future Cities. The site recently reached a record 1.5 million unique users on a single day when Apple unveiled its new iPhones.
Meanwhile Future Digital Product Editor Tom Dennis won the accolade of Digital Native 2013 for his work in developing a range of interactive tablet brands including Gathered by Mollie Makes and Photography Week which itself won the Digital Innovation Award at the PPA Publishing Awards in June.
And Future’s Tech Group Brand Marketing Team scooped Digital Marketing Team of the Year ahead of competition from Immediate Media, IPC Media, Haymarket and William Reed. The team has led the way marketing a raft of leading brands in the digital space, including TechRadar and T3, the UK’s leading digital lifestyle tablet magazine.
Future also received commendations in the following categories:
• Digital Native 2013 Adam Snell, Future Business Intelligence
• Development Team of the Year FutureFolio
Mark adds: “These successes are well deserved and I would like to extend my congratulations to the winners. Future’s digital success is built on the talent of individuals and superb teamwork across the whole company.”
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.