This is an entirely unique and new event which will take place from the 31st October - 1st November 2013 in São Paulo, Brazil.
Due to the significant development currently being experienced in Latin America, with a 4% growth rate forecasted for 2013 and a foreign direct investment of $ 1,132 trillion, there have been numerous requests from the World Retail Congress Community to examine emerging trends, challenges and opportunities for growth that the retail industry offers in Latin America.
More than 60 speakers including CEOs, Chairmen, Presidents and Managing Directors from all verticals of the retail sector belonging to major international and local brands in the Latin American region, will address a deep analysis of the central markets of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru and Colombia, and will share their expertise at the same time. These include:
• Alberto Moriana, Sales Vice President Latin America, Procter & Gamble
• Gordon Campbell, CEO, Spar International
• Norman Jaskolka, President, Aldo Group International
• Alex Cara, Head of Global Partnerships, Esprit
• Flavio Dias Fonseca da Silva, Vice-Presidente de E-commerce, Wal-Mart
• Thibaud Lecuyer, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Dafiti
• Enéas Pestana, CEO, Grupo Pão de Açúcar
• Simon Gaffey. International BD Manager, Karen Millen UK
• Jose Gomez, Senior Vice Presidente (Expansion Dept), Mango
During the two-day Congress, the agenda will include the state-of-the-art topics which are affecting the retail industry, including:
• Growing a Latin American business - delivering expertise from an international entrant into the Latin American market
• Driving growth in the retail industry - 360° panel to assess how different players in the market from retail, supply chain, finance drive and facilitate growth
• The role and influence of Latin America on the global economy
• Hybrid grocery formats including Atacarejo model, convenience and how this could be translated into other markets.
• Creating a next generation Brazilian brand
• Convenience stores - how can you get the convenience format to work in Latin America? What learning's from these formats in other global markets can be applied to Latin American regional markets?
Alongside this, the congress offers hours of dedicated networking where attendees can arrange face-to-face meetings and establish lasting business partnerships with Latin America’s retail elite.
According to José Gómez, Mango’s Senior Vice-president,“the inaugural congress in Latin America is the critical date in every retailer’s diary. Bringing together international retailers with regional players across Latam it is essential for us all to learn, engage with each other and meet business contacts”.
About World Retail Congress
The World Retail Congress (worldretailcongresslatam.com), part of i2i Events Group portfolio, was launched in 2007, to be a platform for senior retail executives to meet and discuss the most important topics affecting retailers across the world. It has been held in Barcelona (2007-9), Berlin (2010-11) and London (2012) and is attended by up to 1,400 industry leaders from more than 60 countries. The programme is developed in conjunction with the Congress Advisory Board which represents retailers such as Gap, Kingfisher, Macys, Reliance Lifestyle, Myer, Alshaya, Netto, Inditex and Tesco.
The co-sponsors of the 2013 World Retail Congress are Deloitte, Mastercard and Hepsiburada.com/.
About i2i Events Group
i2i Events Group (i2ieventsgroup.com) delivers world-class exhibitions and large scale events in key sectors including home and gift, fashion, retail, healthcare, energy, environment, education, technology and media. Its portfolio of world-wide events includes World Retail Congress, Bett, Spring Fair, RWM, CWIEME, BVE and Pure London. It prides itself on opening up possibilities for its customers and each year brings more than 250,000 decision makers together to network, source, test, buy and sell brilliant products, services, ideas and solutions. The company is headed up by Mark Shashoua who joined EMAP as Group MD of EMAP Connect in November 2011 and became CEO of i2i Events Group in March 2012. i2i Events Group is powered by Top Right Group, formerly known as Emap International Ltd.