NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Renton, WA, United States, 2013/08/29 - Social media is quickly becoming a powerful marketing tool and it raises potential legal risks and questions of its use and content. As dependence on these technologies grow, so has government and legal scrutiny - Erado.com.
Social media content can now be added to the growing list of electronic information and communication that needs to be captured and archived to be in compliance. A few examples include:
• FINRA Notice 10-06 outlines that social media content when allowed must be captured, surveyed, and archived.
• FINRA Notice 11-39 provides further guidance relating to pre and post review content. It also provides guidance on post origination, stating that all content regardless of origination, must be captured, surveyed, and archived.
• SEC 17a-4 was amended in 1997 to provide procedures for the storage of electronic records.
• Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 specifies minimum retention periods for all accounting records, work papers, communications, file attachments and documents, whether transmitted via email, instant messaging, or other message modes.
• Advisory Letter 2004:9 highlights key issues regarding electronic recordkeeping as a result of the E-SIGN Act 15 USC 7001.
As a result of increasing demand for secure and compliant solutions, Erado, an innovator in electronic communication compliance, is poised for growth and has expanded staffing and office space.
“We are so pleased with this growth and expansion,” said Erado CEO Craig Brauff. “The need for expanded office space confirms the effectiveness of our unique business model and reflects the increasing demand for compliant and secure solutions. Our additional office space will help us better serve our clients and engage new business.”
Erado (erado.com) is an innovator in electronic communication compliance. Erado delivers a comprehensive suite of compliance solutions to the education, energy, financial services, government, healthcare, insurance, and pharmaceutical industries by delivering archiving, surveillance, social media compliance, journaling, and encryption services to customers worldwide. Erado’s social media capturing suite assists with the capture, review, archiving, and journaling of all electronic communications and social media content. Since 1994, Erado has assisted organizations manage and enforce cost-effective compliance and retention policies. Headquartered in Renton, Washington, Erado is a privately held corporation.