NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/08/27 - Oracle communications services gatekeeper helps streamline NaaS (network as a service) infrastructure and create new revenue streams [NYSE: ORCL] - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) has implemented Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper 5.0 to enhance network and application programming capabilities and grow customer satisfaction and brand loyalty. The solution will help improve network functionality and create new revenue streams by simplifying partnerships with third-party application stores and content providers.
Oracle announced that Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) a mobile telecommunications company with more than 6 million subscribers in Australia has upgraded to Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper 5.0 to expand and unify services across its operating companies while reducing network-as-a-service(NaaS) infrastructure costs with a virtualized deployment.
VHA is in the middle of a multi-year network upgrade, working to improve its NaaS infrastructure to help increase network reliability, reduce customer churn and create new revenue streams. The company is focused on improving key performance metrics including subscriber growth and customer satisfaction to help grow market segment share.
Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper enables VHA to reduce operational costs through a virtualized deployment of the new platform and by integrating the service exposure capabilities with VHA’s existing business support system (BSS) environment. In addition, the solution helps:
• Consolidate and unify access to network assets across VHA properties;
• Monetize network assets by providing comprehensive network usage controls and improved partnership management for third-party assets and applications;
• Increase new application investments, maximize revenue and reduce time-to-market for new messaging services including short message services (SMS) and multimedia messaging services (MMS) and carrier billing for over-the-top (OTT) services;
• Lower development and maintenance costs with an open, standards-based platform;
• Expose application and service payment capabilities to third parties via an expanded application programming interface (API);
• Improve access to user performance metrics, helping analyze and enhance the customer experience; and
• Enhance agility and competiveness in the market through customizable service level agreement (SLA) policies and partner management interfaces.
VHA is expanding its Oracle footprint to perform carrier billing with Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper by the end of 2013. Further, VHA plans to use Oracle Communications Service Gatekeeper to interface to the Vodafone Group APIs as part of a Vodafone Global API initiative, giving developers access to a range of services across brands.
“In today’s highly competitive Australian telecommunications market, innovation and a differentiated customer experience are key to growing the subscriber base. We are pleased to help Vodafone Hutchison Australia upgrade to Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper 5.0 to integrate the technology infrastructure of its new acquisitions, improve service offerings and solidify its position in the industry,” Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions (oracle.com/communications) span the communications industry landscape from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Johanna King, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1 703-883-9000 x140 - E: jking[.]okco.com.