In the seven years since it was founded, Alawar Entertainment has become one of the top developers and publishers of casual PC games by not just being innovators in game development, but also in leveraging smart new ways to market their products to game-players. Next week, for seven consecutive days, the company is once again showing its marketing moxie by teaming up with the recently launched GameDuJour.com to offer “one incredible deal a day” on many of its best selling titles.
In just over a month since it opened, Game du Jour has showcased one deeply discounted game per day—just one game a day at discounts ranging from 40 – 70%. “Alawar Week” is a first for Game du Jour in two ways—it is the first week in which a single developer’s product is featured for the entire week, and it is the first week in which the store is open for seven straight days. Until now, deals were only offered on GameDuJour.com from Monday through Friday.
“We think the Game du Jour concept is terrific, and we’re excited to be a part of it while the company is still young,” said David Laprad, Alawar Entertainment’s Head of U.S. Operations. “That way we can rightfully claim we were there before it became a blockbuster success!”
Of its more than 100 titles, Alawar Entertainment has selected to offer these seven games during “Alawar Week” on GameDuJour.com:
• Monday, January 29 – Bloxx It. A mahjongg-style game in which players match tiles in pairs to eliminate them from the board but, unlike the traditional mahjongg, Bloxx It has a time limit and features point scoring;
• Tuesday, January 30 - Alien Outbreak 2. This game offers a flashback to a time in gaming when space invaders marched toward the bottom of the screen in malevolent rows – but this version comes with a much more powerful arsenal;
• Wednesday, January 31 - Revenge of the Chicken. In this barnyard battle, hen named Paula isn’t interested in ending up as somebody’s dinner, so she has taken up arms to protect her home from the “hen hunter” invasion;
• Thursday, February 1 - Gold Sprinter. This game picks up where the classic Lode Runner game series left off, with players dashing around the screen, collecting gold and avoiding bad guys by climbing ladders and digging holes;
• Friday, February 2 - Magic Ball 2. This game ups the ante of the Breakout genre with explosive bricks, fireballs, and teleporters;
• Saturday, February 3 - Snowy: Puzzle Islands. This title offers an adventure through a colorful world made of switches, moving platforms, teleporters and locked gates, all of which are used to help Snowy reach the exit;
• Sunday, February 4 - Carl the Caveman. Help a primitive protagonist push rocks, smash crates and avoid traps as he solves each level of this arcade puzzle game.
Each game, regularly priced at US$19.95, will each be marked down by 50% on their respective days at GameDuJour.com—making each of them available for only $9.97.
When it launched, GameDuJour.com became the first game marketing company in the world to offer “one deal a day” similar to websites such as Woot.com and Yugster.com, offering anything from golf clubs to iRobot floor vacuums. Similarly, Game du Jour’s clock is ticking and each deal expires at the stroke of midnight (Central time), but unlike most other one-deal-a-day sites, Game du Jour never runs out of inventory.
Every day of the week, visitors to GameDuJour.com can download games, try them, and buy them during a 24-hour period. Then it’s a whole new game as the clock is reset and another game is available at a bargain price.
“As word continues to spread about Game du Jour, people looking for a good time and a good bargain are making daily trips to our website to discover the best deals in games,” said Philippe Piernot, founder and CEO of Silicon Valley-based Game du Jour. “And by partnering with smart game developers such as Alawar, we will always be able to guarantee our customers that they’ll get not just a great price, but a great time.”
About Game du Jour
Game du Jour, launched in December 2006, is the first company in the world to offer one deal a day in the casual PC games market. While the company aims to be best known for its daily deals, Game du Jour is at its core a marketing partner to game developers, giving those companies the opportunity for a rush of sales and heightened brand exposure during their products’ 24-hour lifecycle at GameDuJour.com. For more information about Game du Jour, visit our website.
About Alawar Entertainment
Alawar Entertainment has specialized in the development, publication and distribution of casual games since 1999. The company has published more than 100 titles and won fans all over the world. Alawar distributes its offerings via its exclusive network of Websites (alawar.com, gamextazy.com and arkanoid.com). The company's titles have also found a home on the Websites of numerous online distributors, including RealNetworks, Yahoo! Games, Shockwave, Big Fish Games, Oberon Media, Boonty, Reflexive Arcade, iWin and others. In addition to distributing games online, Alawar works with CD publishers in more than 20 countries. Furthermore, Alawar titles are enjoyed not only by PC users but also owners of mobile phones and cable set-top-boxes.