NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Taipei, Taiwan, 2013/07/30 - Moxa, a leading provider of industrial network, computer and display solutions, is pleased to announce the MC-7000 series of marine computers has been formally approved by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) - Moxa.com.
Moxa’s MC-7000 computers are powered by the latest 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors, and deliver a full range of native shipboard networking interfaces with eight NMEA 0183 ports, two NMEA 2000 ports, four serial ports, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, six USB 2.0, and two USB 3.0 ports. Additionally, both AC and DC PSU options are available. The MC-7000 series are designed with unrivalled PC performance to give customers the next level of flexibility and control in their marine applications.
“Moxa is committed to delivering a high quality and reliable platform for safer maritime navigation,” commented Brian Chen, manager of Marine Display and Computing Division of Moxa Systems. “With ABS approval, the MC-7000 series marine computer has passed sophisticated and rigorous tests that prove its reliability and safety. This ensures ship owners or maritime system integrators in the American region are free from worry when selecting Moxa MC-7000 computers for ECDIS, navigation, or other maritime system solutions.”
The MC-7000 series are designed to provide highly reliable solutions that meet or surpass the critical quality ABS Marine ECDIS Computerrequirements found in maritime environments. Our designs are more than simple assemblies of OEM parts; our dedicated marine computer team plans, designs, and manufactures our marine computers entirely in-house. The MC-7000 line of ECDIS computers is especially designed for the high processing and reliability demands of shipboard ECDIS systems, but these computers are suitable for much more than just that. Moxa’s MC-7000 series is being adapted to marine systems as diverse as radar stations, oil spill detection systems, dynamic positioning systems, and many others. Find the system highlights of the MC-7000 series below, and learn more about this up-and-coming line of industrial marine computers.
Industrial-Grade Design for Marine Environments
● High quality engineering for worry-free marine solutions;
● ABS, IEC 60945, IEC 61162-2, IACS-E10, and DNV (pending) marine certifications guarantee offshore durability and hardware security;
● 3 year warranty and 7 year MTBF prove a rugged quality that guarantees reduced maintenance and replacement costs.
Extra Flexibility for Effective Deployments
● Modular design allows rapid customization to your demands, giving a big time-to-market advantage;
● Built-in NMEA ports reduce compatibility issues for shipboard computing systems;
● From low power consumption to powerful computing efficiency, diverse computing needs are easily met;
● Ready-to-run software drivers accelerate system deployment.
Solid Data and Hardware Security
● Durable reliability in a system-wide design that integrates both software and hardware;
● TPM gives strong security for confidential data;
● Removable, key-locked storage drive slot (HDD or SSD) enhances data safety;
● Worry no more over OS crashes with Moxa’s Smart Recovery utility.
To get more product details, please visit the MC-7130-MP product page.
About Moxa - Your Trusted Partner in Automation
Moxa (moxa.com) is a leading manufacturer of industrial networking, computing, and automation solutions. With over 25 years of industry experience, Moxa has connected more than 30 million devices worldwide and has a distribution and service network that reaches customers in more than 70 countries. Moxa delivers lasting business value by empowering industry with reliable networks and sincere service for automation systems.