Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine X3-4. The new system features significant software enhancements and hardware updates, dramatically expanding the capabilities of the industry’s first high-speed engineered system for business analytics.
The new Exalytics X3-4 system features 2 TB of main memory, 2.4 TB of flash storage, and 5.4 TB of hard disk. Oracle also released system upgrades to increase memory capacity for existing Exalytics X2-4 customers, and updated software for all Exalytics customers.
Oracle Exalytics X3-4 system has been designed to provide organizations with a data driven competitive advantage by providing a packaged solution to manage the ever increasing volume, scale and scope of business questions that require real-time answers. Specific optimizations have been made to accelerate the platform’s ability to handle strategic business questions in the areas of advanced planning, data discovery, scenario modeling, burst reporting and what-if analysis.
Built using industry-standard hardware, market-leading business intelligence software and in-memory database technology, Oracle Exalytics is an optimized system pre-integrated to reduce the cost and complexity of an organization’s IT infrastructure, while dramatically increasing productivity and performance.
Customers of Oracle Exalytics can benefit from an overall lower total cost of ownership, reducing administrative and overhead costs, and spending less time and effort in implementation. By integrating best-of-breed software and hardware, customers are able to reallocate their resources from maintaining their data center operations, to focusing on achieving their growth and profitability objectives.
Delivering Greater Performance for Analyzing Data
By extending the power of Oracle Exalytics, Oracle helps organizations simplify their IT environments. Oracle Exalytics X3-4 enables:
• Deeper Analysis: The new system has increased main memory to 2 TB, plus compression, for analyzing larger data sets and more aggregates at various levels of granularity in-memory. Exalytics users can access unlimited amounts of data, unconstrained by in-memory capacity because Oracle Business Intelligence software automatically and transparently manages queries across the Exalytics in-memory cache and all underlying data sources, such as data warehouses and Hadoop. With Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite as the core software component of Oracle Exalytics, customers will be able to analyze critical information and get the intelligence they need to optimize their business.
• Faster Calculations: Flash memory in the new Oracle Exalytics powers faster calculations, restructuring, load and export for Planning applications, what-if analysis and scenario modeling with Oracle Essbase. The increased storage capacity enables performance improvements of up to 25X in load times and 9X in calculation times when running multiple Oracle Essbase cubes concurrently. The increased storage capacity for running multiple cubes enables more dynamic forecasts through faster aggregates giving business users key information to make more informed decisions as they advance their strategic objectives.
• Greater Mobility: Oracle Exalytics X3-4 works seamlessly with Oracle’s leading mobile solution, BI Mobile HD, with no additional development required. The performance acceleration and scalability of Oracle Exalytics is ideal for large mobile deployments, and users can enjoy enhanced gestural interactivity and access to all visualization capabilities. End-users will have near instantaneous responses on mobile devices, optimizing productivity while away from the office.
Oracle Exalytics X3-4 is pre-integrated with multiple software enhancements: Oracle Exalytics is engineered as a single vendor system featuring business intelligence and in-memory database software configured for hardware designed, built and supported by Oracle. This optimized system results in a lower total cost of ownership and a simplified IT architecture to help customers keep their costs down while continually improving their analytical performance. The software foundation for Oracle Exalytics X3-4 includes Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database all of which have been integrated and certified to run on Oracle Exalytics.
• Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite 184.108.40.206 delivers more than 200 enhancements across the suite and many features targeted exclusively for Oracle Exalytics. Examples of benefits for Exalytics customers include extremely fast ‘hot-data’ recommendations from the database and high-volume bursting with Oracle BI Publisher, to generate hundreds of thousands of personalized reports and documents for business users in time periods that were previously unachievable. In addition to these, Oracle Essbase, a component of Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite, also benefits from Flash memory and expanded main memory. Customers can expand planning across the enterprise, compress planning cycles, and deliver relevant, data driven insights to all lines of business.
• Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 enables rapid insights into new sources of data including unstructured content in social media, websites, content management systems, raw text from documents, email, and more. By correlating this data to the structured data in data warehouses and enterprise applications, users will be able to more accurately manage data and meaning form unstructured sources, ultimately driving better business decisions and innovations.
• Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System Release 220.127.116.11 is the latest release of Oracle’s industry-leading enterprise planning, reporting and financial close applications. With updates to user experience, added functional capabilities and new powerful integrations, this new release empowers organizations to plan for profitable growth and report with confidence. Delivering faster and more granular profitability analysis, Oracle Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management is now certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and pre-configured to enable multidimensional reporting. This release also includes direct integration of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition on Oracle Exalytics with Hyperion Financial Management to deliver rich, pre-built analytics on consolidated financial results.
• Existing Oracle Exalytics X2-4 customers can benefit from new software features, and may choose to purchase upgrade kits to add 2.4 TB flash memory, or flash memory and an additional TB of main memory.
“Like most local governments, we’re tasked to use our resources as wisely and strategically as possible. With Oracle Exalytics, we’ve improved the precision and speed of our budgeting and reporting, as well as significantly reduced our hardware footprint,” said Gautham Sampath, Chief Technologist, Pinellas County, Fla. “By running Oracle Hyperion Public Sector Planning and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition on two Oracle Exalytics systems, we’ve replaced 32 servers, allowing us to reduce our IT footprint and cost, devote less time on hardware upkeep, and spend more time enhancing our financial performance.
Ambulance Victoria CIO Cameron Crampton commented,“The key driver for the new solution is to be able to make more informed decisions in real time to improve patient outcomes and business decision making. Our research shows that our paramedics use the information that they have available very well. Our job is to make comprehensive, up-to-date information available in a way that will improve decision making at a patient and system level.”
“Unlocking data in a quick, easy and timely manner can be a strong competitive advantage,” said Paul Rodwick, vice president of product management, Oracle. “Oracle Exalytics X3-4 delivers powerful business analytics reinforcing our commitment to innovating and delivering maximum value through analytics by allowing our customers to spend less time on complicated integrations and more time providing real-time answers to strategic business questions.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Joan Levy, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5110 - E: jlevy[.]blancandotus.com.