To help organizations make better operational decisions, improve process efficiency, and drive better cost and revenue decisions, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca.
Leveraging Oracle Endeca Information Discovery technology, Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca offer a new way for businesses and organizations to explore their operational data in real-time, so they can focus on transactions that require their immediate attention and have a measurable impact on the business, driving revenue and reducing costs.
Using a new innovative user interface that features advanced search, guided navigation, and visual analysis, users can find information that they might not find using a conventional ERP query interface, and from there take immediate action on current opportunities or issues.
With this release, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery provides a virtually seamless layer on the Oracle E-Business Suite, so that current operational data is loaded into a faceted, in-memory data model that dynamically supports changing information. Information is pre-classified, pre-summarized, and pre-filtered to enable search, discovery, and analysis via a rich, configurable interface.
Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca offers customers a complete data view, key performance metrics, advanced visualizations, and instant search results across organizations and flexfields.
With this out-of-the-box solution, customers can get more value from their investment in Oracle E-Business Suite, adding the Endeca-based capabilities with minimal setup.
Using a simple, all-in-one installer, customers can quickly deploy Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca, achieving out-of-the-box security and seamless integration with the Oracle E-Business Suite applications.
Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca is also available from mobile devices, increasing productivity by empowering the mobile workforce with the convenience, speed and flexibility of data access from anywhere.
The Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca include:
• Oracle Order Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help drive revenue sooner by identifying and expediting high-priority, high-value orders, and enable organizations to rapidly react to product quality or shipping issues by identifying problems that are causing returns.
• Oracle iProcurement Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help easily locate items with searches that span all stores and catalogs, and provide side-by-side comparisons to find the right product at the best price via a single user interface to control spending.
• Oracle Project Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help avoid project delays by learning of late tasks and course-correcting before they impact deadlines and budgets.
• Oracle iRecruitment Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help candidates identify more opportunities with a modern, discovery-based experience that streamlines the comparison of jobs to highlight ones that best suit candidate needs and improves overall candidate experience.
• Oracle Learning Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help improve the experience for both learners and managers, reduce training costs, and facilitate talent development.
• Oracle Discrete Manufacturing Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Enable organizations to quickly find manufacturing bottlenecks and respond by adjusting resources, sourcing alternate parts, or switching to alternate suppliers.
• Oracle Process Manufacturing Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Enable organizations to shorten manufacturing cycle times, meet unanticipated demand and reduce corrective and preventative actions.
• Oracle Inventory Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Helps improve inventory visibility, reduce inventory levels and control inventory operations by optimizing inventory management across organizations and immediately detecting and rectifying product catalog discrepancies.
• Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help increase asset utilization by identifying assets with frequent failures and drilling in to determine root cause and optimizing preventative maintenance schedules.
• Oracle Field Service Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help improve compliance with service level agreements by quickly finding opportunities to load balance field jobs and increase daily throughput.
• Oracle Warehouse Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Help optimize outbound activities, reduce warehousing cost, and improve labor utilization.
• Oracle Cost Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca (including Oracle Landed Cost Management): Help effectively manage period close process, ensure accuracy of accounting transactions across sub ledgers, and improve global procurement decisions based on landed costs.
• Oracle Installed Base Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Enable organizations to increase revenue with efficient up-sell and cross-sell, and improve product re-call process.
• Oracle Depot Repair Extensions for Oracle Endeca: Enable organizations in increasing service profit and reducing service costs.
The Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 is a flexible, scalable and modern business platform that helps customers manage the complexities of global business environments no matter the size of the organization.
"For companies to remain competitive in today's rapidly accelerating business environment, it's imperative to get the right information to the right person at the right time in order to make the right business decision,” said Mike Fauscette, Group Vice President of Software Business Solutions at IDC. “Applications that help give employees quick access to crucial information in a quick, intuitive manner can save employees valuable time, helping businesses move along unimpeded by the requisite task of finding the information employees need to simply do their jobs."
“Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca deliver a streamlined path from discovery to action, letting users intuitively filter from highly-aggregated, highly-visual displays of information to the transactions that matter the most. With easy, real-time access to the most relevant transactions, users can take immediate, informed action, driving revenue and reducing costs,” said Cliff Godwin, senior vice president, Oracle Applications Development.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: oracle.com/applications.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.