NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bath, Banes, United Kingdom, 2013/06/25 - Future, the international specialist media group and leading digital publisher, announces the launch of a major new consumer event in the photography sector: The Photography Show - Futureplc.com. LSE: FUTR
• Supported by the Royal Photographic Society;
• Hosted at the NEC, Saturday 1 Tuesday 4 March 2014.
This new consumer and professional event will combine highly interactive features to entertain and engage consumers, with dedicated conferences and events for the trade and retailer attendees. The Photography Show will be a must-visit event for amateurs, professionals and retailers.
Future is the world’s leading publisher of photography magazines, with an amazing portfolio of successful brands online, on mobile and in print. Digital Camera is the UK’s best-selling monthly photography title in both print and digital. Photography Week is the world’s best-selling digital weekly photography magazine. Practical Photoshop is the UK’s best-selling Photoshop magazine. N-Photo and PhotoPlus are the world’s best-selling Nikon and Canon magazines respectively. Future’s photography brands reach more than one million enthusiasts each month and our photography websites deliver more than 2.5 million page impressions.
The Photography Show will bring all this experience and enthusiasm to life for the UK’s growing audience of amateur photographers, with some of the biggest names in the industry unlocking the secrets of their craft. The show floor itself will be brimming with hundreds of exhibitors, the very latest kit and accessories, and an array of interactive opportunities to get involved. A full-spec studio suite will also be created on-site for visitors wanting to get hands-on in a professional environment, and themed areas including a Wildflower Garden will be specially created to ensure all subject interests are fully catered for. More activities will be announced in coming months, including details of a major gallery exhibition.
Future’s Head of Photography Matthew Pierce says: “The imaging industry is evolving at speed and we believe there is a real opportunity to create a dynamic and inclusive event with photography at its core which will deliver a broad audience of imaging enthusiasts. Future has a world-leading, multi-award-winning portfolio of photography brands and is recognised internationally for its innovation. The Photography Show will be another example of that.”
The Photography Show will be supported by a major six-figure marketing campaign, including targeting Future’s own leading technology brands T3 and TechRadar.com, which, as the UK’s biggest tech review site, reaches over four million tech enthusiasts every month.
Future’s Head of Events Jonny Sullens adds: “The Photography Show is a great example of Future unlocking the potential of its market leading brands. I am really excited at the prospect of bringing such an innovative and exciting market to life over four days at the NEC.”
The UK photographic industry has already reacted with enthusiastic support:
BPI News Publisher Clive Insley says: “The launch of the Photography Show is great news for the entire imaging industry. A national UK photo show in March at the NEC is the vital springboard needed by the trade to launch the latest products and services to thousands of their customers. For professional photographers and enthusiasts it’s the focal point for everything photographic under one roof at the right venue and at the right time of year.”
Royal Photographic Society Director General Dr Michael Pritchard adds: “The RPS is delighted that Future has launched the Photography Show at the NEC as the industry needs an annual showcase to promote itself. Future has some ambitious plans and the RPS will be supporting them.”
Adobe Principal Solutions Consultant Richard Curtis says: “The UK photographic market is an important part of the creative industries, so it’s good news that Future has stepped in to lead a replacement for the already successful Focus on Imaging show at the NEC.”
The Flash Centre Managing Director Chris Whittle adds: “Focus on Imaging was the right show, in the right place and at the right time so we are pleased that Future has launched The Photography Show at the NEC in March 2014.”
PMA Director of UK Activities Nigel McNaught adds: “The photo industry needs a showcase for its products and services and I am delighted to learn that the new event from Future will be very ‘hands on’ combining demonstrations with education sessions. PMA is pleased to support this initiative.”
For more information on The Photography Show please contact Jonny Sullens at jonny.sullens[.]futurenet.com or 0207 042 4301 and 07980 862345.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.