The six-figure partnership will see the creation of a multi-platform, multi-brand campaign kicking off in June across Future’s three flagship technology brands T3, TechRadar and Gizmodo UK.
Combined, these three brands deliver 22+ million technology enthusiasts globally, and more than five million in the UK. Future’s tech-savvy audience and ability to co-create best-in-class video content offers O2 the unique opportunity to create and leverage O2 Gurus content within an award-winning editorial environment, amplifying its brand messaging to a wider audience.
O2 Gurus are your friendly experts who provide free tech help and inspiration in store, online and by phone. Partnering with Future will allow O2 to provide independent and authoritative O2 Guru content to consumers within the T3, TechRadar and Gizmodo UK environments, as well as offering credible opinions about handsets and other tech consumer products available in O2 stores. The campaign includes a raft of bespoke activity including co-created video content for the O2 Gurus website, a Gizmodo themed week, a T3 Twitter Party, T3 interactive iPad ads, reader events and a TechRadar in-store pop-up. All video content will be disseminated across Future Technology channels.
Future Technology Advertising Sales Director Stuart Staves says: “We are delighted to be working with O2 on such an innovative O2 Gurus campaign. Future’s Technology brands have a huge consumer reach, active social channels and an engaged audience often looking to make a purchase. O2 are a perfect brand partner and we have been able to develop a solution that includes content innovation, digital, social and experiential activations and assets which O2 will deploy on their own website. The campaign delivers for the client and really shows the unique potential of the Future Technology brands.”
O2 Guru Leader Phil Nolan says: “O2 Gurus are there to give help and inspiration to everyone and working with Future means we can bring them to an even wider audience. Future have some fantastic technology brands and we’re looking forward to producing some brilliant content to share with them.”
T3 is the world’s best lifestyle technology magazine, and the UK’s best-selling digital magazine of any kind. TechRadar is the largest UK-based technology news and reviews site, and Gizmodo UK is the UK’s fastest-growing technology website.
About Future plc
• Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited and is a leading communications company with over 23 million customers read more about O2 at o2.co.uk/news. O2 runs 2G and 3G networks and was the first to trial 4G, reaching speeds of over 100Mpbs, as well as operating O2 Wifi and owning half of Tesco Mobile. O2 employs over 11,000 people in the UK, has 450 retail stores and sponsors The O2, O2 Academy venues and the England rugby team.
Telefónica UK Limited is part of Telefónica Europe plc (a business division of Telefónica SA) which uses O2 as its commercial brand in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic.