NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bath, Banes, United Kingdom, 2013/06/20 - Future, the international specialist media group and leading digital publisher, scooped two gongs at last night’s Professional Publishers Association Awards, only two weeks after being named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year - PPA.co.uk. LSE: FUTR
• Jane Toft (Mollie Makes) named Editor of the Year;
• Photography Week wins Digital Innovation of the Year;
Future, the international specialist media group and leading digital publisher, scooped two gongs at last night’s Professional Publishers Association Awards, only two weeks after being named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for an unprecedented third year running by the Association of Online Publishers.
The wins cement Future’s position as an international leader in digital media and publishing innovation. Last month Future was also named Media Company of the Year at the British Media Awards.
Mark Wood, Future CEO, says: “It is a tremendous accolade for Jane Toft and for editor Paul Grogan and the Photography Week team to be among the winners at the UK’s most hotly contested media industry awards. Most of our competitors came away empty-handed and these two big wins show once again that Future is brimming with the kind of talent which will drive our future growth and success.”
Up against stiff competition from Lisa Smosarski at Stylist, Michelle Ogundehin at ELLE Decoration and Lindsay Nicholson at Good Housekeeping, Jane was recognised for her work on the UK’s number one contemporary craft brand. With its unique approach to curating the best online craft content into a beautiful, collectible magazine, its innovative digital strategy including weekly interactive sister-brand Gathered by Mollie Makes and its significant international presence, Mollie has redefined the craft sector.
Meanwhile Photography Week launched as an international tablet-only interactive digital edition in September 2012 took the Digital Innovation category despite competition from Grazia, Time Out and The Week.
Photography Week has already become the world’s biggest consumer photography brand on Facebook, as well as establishing itself as one of Future’s most profitable digital editions. A truly international title, Photography Week is aimed at enthusiastic photographers from all over the world and will showcase the best international photography and feature tips and interviews with professional photographers from every continent.
Last month Future was the biggest winner at the British Media Awards, with further wins for Mollie Makes and Future’s Digital Camera. Digital Camera won Print Product of the Year and the Marketing team behind Mollie Makes was named Media Marketing Team. Future is also PPA Digital Consumer Publisher of the Year.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.