Future plc, the international specialist media group and leading digital publisher, has appointed Tino Cennamo to the new post of Managing Director of International Businesses with a brief to identify and develop new business opportunities to generate revenues from Future’s assets.
The role will have responsibility for the strategic and operational development of Future’s direct business in the core North European markets of Germany, France and Italy in the first instance. The role includes day to day responsibility for these International operations, as well as the strategic and commercial development of print and digital activities.
With over 20 years of media and entertainment experience, Tino joins Future from Editoriale Domus, a leading B2C and B2B publisher of special interest magazines. At Domus he served as Chief Digital Officer, responsible for developing the digital business and transforming the print business gradually into a digital one.
He previously worked for German media conglomerate Bertelsmann, managing its Italian music publishing business with responsibility for BMG Music Publishing, BMG Publication and BMG Rights Management. As a Managing Director he took care of not only the BMG portfolio in Italy but most importantly exported the Italian portfolio to international markets. Tino also previously held management positions at the Italian state TV and radio broadcaster RAI and the The Walt Disney Company.
Future International Director Regina Erak says: “The recruitment of Tino Cennamo is a further demonstration to the commitment by Future to deliver its international strategy. His calibre and expertise will be a key factor in our success in the context of a dynamic and challenging market place.”
Tino Cennamo adds: “I am very proud and happy to support the growth of Future’s business in the international markets. Our Company’s portfolio and skills can surely achieve the same successes internationally as gathered in the domestic market of the UK and the USA.”
With a portfolio of 80+ magazines, 70+ iPad editions and 50+ websites, Future International offers licensing and content syndication services across print, web and mobile platforms.
Future has now for over 26 years developed successful licensing partnerships across the globe and continues to be the UK’s number one licensor of magazine content. The company already has strategic partnerships with 89 overseas media businesses, 225 licenses and licensed editions available in 76 countries worldwide.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines every minute. Our most well-known print brands include T3, Total Film, Cycling Plus and Official Xbox Magazine.
• We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
• Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.