dinCloud, a cloud transformation company, today announced that its SVP and CMO, Ali Din, was recently named to the SMB 150 Channel Influencers list. The SMB 150, a SMB Nation and SMB Technology Network collaboration, is an annual list of the SMB Technology Channel’s 150 most influential members.
Din has remained deeply involved in the channel for over 15 years, forging relationships with key vendors that support the emerging cloud services market, including Microsoft, Trend Micro, and NetApp. Din leveraged these relationships to take dinCloud, from a young startup with zero awareness, to a major player in the cloud services market.
Today, dinCloud is a channel-only organization and that philosophy is deeply rooted the company will scale only with the help of channel partners. Though opportunities to go direct are alluring to any startup, Din and dinCloud’s management team have remained steadfast in their ongoing support of the channel.
“Building a direct sales force is not only expensive and time consuming, it also creates channel conflict and undermines the trust of the channel. At dinCloud, we are making sure that the company remains vigilant in championing the channel’s widespread use and acceptance. This includes building a two-tier model to support distribution and its reseller base,” said Din. “I am excited to be recognized by the channel community for dinCloud’s ongoing efforts within the channel industry and am honored to be in the company of such well-respected professionals.”
Din joins a group of esteemed colleagues who were chosen during a two-phase voting process. In the initial stage, channel community members voted on 450 nominees at SMB150.com. Following the community vote, a panel of industry experts consisting of Harry Brelsford, (SMB Nation); Karl Palachuk, (Great Little Book Publishing Co., Inc.); Josh Peterson, (MSP Score); Dave Seibert, (IT Innovators); and Dan Wensley, (Level Platforms), evaluated each nominee according to a pre-established rubric. The community vote accounted for 40% of each nominee’s overall rating, while the expert panel's decision contributed the remaining 60%.
“I encourage everyone in the SMB channel community to join with me in recognizing and celebrating the winners of this year’s SMB 150,” said Harry Brelsford, founder and chairman, SMB Nation. “Each individual whose name appears on this esteemed list has strived to ensure that our SMB community is one that will continue to thrive and succeed. I am beyond excited to toast them at the awards dinner on May 4 in Redmond.”
Din and his fellow SMB 150 influencers were honored during the SMB 150 Awards Gala on May 4, 2013, during SMB Nation’s Spring Conference at the Microsoft Conference Center in Redmond, WA. The event was hosted by SMB Nation and SMB Technology Network and sponsored by BlackBerry.
dinCloud (dinCloud.com) is a cloud transformation company that helps organizations rapidly migrate to the cloud through Business Provisioning. Each private, virtual data center provides hosted virtual desktops, hosted virtual servers, and NetApp cloud replication services, which are controlled by the customer, through a web-based application. dinCloud provides subscription-based services tailored to fit a range of business models resulting in reduced cost, enhanced security, control, and productivity.
About SMB Nation
SMB Nation is a media integration and events community, targeted at the small and medium business (SMB) channel partner/reseller/consulting/VAR community. SMB Nation spreads the knowledge of SMB technology trends through its conferences, books, print magazine, online services, and worldwide seminars and workshops. As an active participant in the technology community, SMB Nation has a long history of enthusiastic advocacy and evangelism. The SMB Nation tribe exceeds 54,000 followers worldwide.
The SMB Technology Network (SMBTN) has its roots in partner groups focused on IT solutions & services for the SMB (Small Medium Business) space. Their focus includes Windows platforms including SBS (Small Business Server). In 2005 they combined a series of independent IT Professional groups in Southern California and around the U.S. into a single umbrella group, consolidated as SMBTN. Each group holds monthly meetings to discuss the latest IT business trends. In addition, the group has partnered with Microsoft at various events, further penetrating the SMB space. The SMBTN group continues to expand into new regions, chapters and members across the U.S.
Product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.