FuturePlus, the award-winning customer publishing agency of international media group Future, last week unveiled an interactive version of Tesco’s Technology & Entertainment magazine on Apple’s Newsstand using award-winning app creation software, FutureFolio.
Providing a unique blend of technology and entertainment to enable customers to make informed product choices and keep them up-to-date with the latest new tech, movies, music and games, this is the first interactive technology iPad magazine from a major UK retailer. In its first week alone, Technology & Entertainment magazine has been listed as New and Noteworthy by Apple and is featured in the New and Noteworthy section of Apple’s Newsstand.
The product allows customers to engage with multiple services from Tesco, ranging from Tech Support to blinkbox movie downloads, and provides in-depth technology reviews from Future’s award-winning tech brands including T3 and TechRadar.
Available initially on iPad, Technology & Entertainment magazine has been created by FuturePlus using the FutureFolio interactive app creation solution. FutureFolio powers the majority of parent-company Future’s portfolio of more than 100 tablet brands, including highly interactive editions like Total Film, Edge, MacFormat and MacLife. Future has also launched a range of successful pure-play tablet editions including CyclingNews HD, Gathered by Mollie Makes, Photography Week, and, most recently, Football Week.
FutureFolio also powers the highly interactive Jamie Magazine for Jamie Oliver which was named an Apple Top 50 App of 2012 and Ignition, an iPad-exclusive weekly digital brand developed for Auto Trader which was launched last year.
Jo Gomer, Marketing Manager within Tesco, says: “We are very excited to launch the interactive iPad magazine. This supports our commitment to technology and entertainment, and exploring new ways to bring this to customers.”
Jayne Caple, Managing Director of FuturePlus UK, says: “I’m thrilled that Tesco has decided to take its partnership with FuturePlus to the next level. By utilising FutureFolio to bring its Technology & Entertainment magazine to Apple’s Newsstand, Tesco has a fully interactive and engaging product we know its customers will love.”
FuturePlus, the multiple award-winning customer publishing agency of Future plc, provides compelling, engaging and measurably effective content and communication solutions across multiple channels, including magazines, catalogues, websites, e-newsletters, podcasts, mobile devices and TV.
FuturePlus’s consistently forward-thinking approach sees the agency partner with some of the world’s biggest retailers, service providers and member organisations. The wide range of high profile partners who currently enjoy the passion and expertise shown by FuturePlus include O2, Tesco, ODEON, Jessops, the Musicians’ Union, GMB, docrafts, Asda, Madison and The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
• Tesco is one of the world’s largest retailers employing over 520,000 people with over 6,700 stores in 12 markets and serving millions of customers every week.
• Our core purpose is to make what matters better, together.
• Our success depends on people: the people who shop with us and the people who work with us.
• Tesco has been selling electrical products for over 10 years.
• Tesco’s technology publication launched in print in 2009 and is now available in-store, on Tesco Direct and via Apple’s Newsstand.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines every minute. Our most well-known print brands include T3, Total Film, Cycling Plus and Official Xbox Magazine.
• We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
• Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.