NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2013/04/30 - Randy Printz, President and CEO, to step down effective April 30th. Kirk Powell to lead company’s continued growth - ClearCube.com.
ClearCube Technology, a leader in virtual desktop systems, announced today that President and CEO, Randy Printz is stepping down effective April 30th. The company’s Board of Directors, headed by Chairman Michael Moniz, appointed Kirk Powell the new President and Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect. Mr. Printz will retain his seat on the Board to continue to provide guidance and ensure a smooth and successful transition.
“Randy took charge of ClearCube Technology at a time when the company faced many challenges. His laser focus on operational efficiency allowed the company to successfully navigate those challenges and continue on a path of growth. Over the last few years, as the wider PC industry has seen a decline in shipments, ClearCube has shown significant revenue growth. This is a testament to Randy’s excellent leadership.” said Michael Moniz, Chairman of the Board.
ClearCube achieved considerable growth and success under Mr. Printz’ leadership. In particular, the company:
• Returned to profitability and reported profits every year in the 2008-2012 period;
• Achieved 15% CAGR revenue growth in the 2009-12 period, when the wider PC industry faced a significant decline;
• Successfully acquired Cloud Services business, Network Elites based in Dallas;
• Expanded into new markets in the Middle East and South America;
• Accelerated core product development, introducing over fifty new products during Mr. Printz’ tenure;
• Won prestigious awards including UBM’s Virtualization 100 in 2011 and 2012 and many others.
“ClearCube is a great company with a committed team of marketers, engineers and sales people. We invented PC Blade technology and were a pioneer of the VDI space. If there is one thing ClearCube has done amazingly well, it is innovation. And I have no doubt, that under Kirk’s leadership, that trend will continue and accelerate.” said Mr. Printz
Mr. Powell, previously ClearCube’s Vice President of Operations, has 30 years of sales, finance and operations experience. He has been with the company since 2000 and has demonstrated excellence in supply chain management, international partnerships and other areas.