The latest offerings also reinforce Dell’s role in delivering innovative, end-to-end solutions that simplify complex data environments, accelerate cloud transformations, reduce mobility obstacles and mitigate security risks.
At Dell’s “The Power to Do More Accelerating Results” event held in San Francisco today, company executives, industry leaders, global customers and channel partners shared insights and perspectives on Dell’s end-to-end strategy for meeting customers’ requirements. Additionally, interactive, customer-led discussions showcased Dell’s integrated technologies and scalable design point, which are proving instrumental in addressing emerging business demands and technology megatrends, including consumerization of IT, cloud computing, data insights, security and business intelligence.
According to Gartner,“new technologies, implemented in innovative ways, hold great promise, but they also threaten traditional management models and formal policies. [Companies should] support this new reality by breaking down unproductive silos and freeing employees through new technologies and processes to collaborate and communicate more productively with one another.”
“Dell is uniquely positioned to deliver highly differentiated, complete solutions from clients to cloud and everything in between that remove the barriers created by legacy technologies while empowering customers and partners to unlock new business opportunities,” said John Swainson, president, Dell Software. “Software is the catalyst to modernizing today’s IT environments, enabling organizations to do more and achieve greater business results.”
In addition to Dell’s new mobility solutions and enhancements to its PartnerDirect channel program, Dell Software announced Toad Business Intelligence Suite 2.0. With this latest release, Toad Business Intelligence Suite delivers a host of enhancements designed to further facilitate self-service business intelligence across complex data environments. In related news, Dell Services announced Flexible WorkStyle Consulting to help customers embrace increasingly mobile work environments. Dell Services also announced the Dell ProSupport Enterprise Suite to assist customers in achieving the highest levels of performance and productivity for critical systems.
Bolstering BYOD Enablement Strategies with Dell Mobility Solutions
As a leading end-to-end provider of secure mobile solutions, Dell Software’s new family of mobility solutions is designed to address a wide range of customers’ BYOD enablement strategies by making it easy to extend and manage mobile access, increase the security of data being accessed remotely, broaden network access to better support BYOD, and improve the user experiences when accessing business applications from a variety of mobile devices. The four mobility solutions are designed to help customers better understand how a combination of devices, network access, enterprise workspace and professional services from Dell can be used to support all stages of BYOD evolution.
Dell Mobility Solutions accommodate Corporate-Owned, Choose-Your-Own and Bring-Your-Own Device (BYOD) management strategies while providing flexibility to interoperate with existing infrastructure and business applications. Additionally, these solutions can be configured to work together as part of a complete turnkey offering, incorporating a full range of Dell devices, including endpoint management, remote network access, monitoring, virtualization, data protection, security and identity management.
Together, Dell Mobility Solutions help meet the following customer needs:
• Enable mobile access and applications For IT directors who are managing PCs using traditional, on-premise system management tools, this solution enables secure access to enterprise applications and data from employees’ personally owned devices with minimal impact.
• Transformation to cloud Mobile user experiences are enhanced by securely incorporating cloud computing and cloud-based services into mobile applications.
• Secure network access extensions Secure network access from any location, whether on campus or remote, makes this solution ideally suited for organizations with existing BYOD programs for smartphones and tablets that want to optimize their network infrastructure and provide application access without impacting existing infrastructure and compromising security.
• Modernize applications This solution enables new and existing business applications to be extended to a wide variety of end-user devices while offering an improved user experience that can maintain or improve performance and availability.
Extending Endpoint Security to Drive IT Efficiency and Productivity
Dell Software also has unveiled new endpoint security enhancements to simplify the protection of corporate data regardless of OS or device. Dell KACE Management Appliances and Dell Quest User Workspace solutions, along with Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager, offer a full range of endpoint security capabilities including remote imaging, configuration management and mobile device management. In addition, endpoint encryption and data protection safeguard enterprise data on the device in order to fully secure mobile applications and related business data.
New enhancements include:
• KACE K1000 Management Appliance Designed to improve patch management with support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, expanded patch coverage and improved patch availability timelines.
• KACE 3000 Mobile Management Appliance Now generally available, the KACE 3000 appliance extends established systems management to smartphones and tablets.
• Dell Wyse Client Cloud Manager This latest release offers enhanced enterprise connectors and integration to Active Directory for automated user management and single sign-on capability. Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager also includes enhanced mobile application management and integration to Dell Wyse Pocket cloud for managed remote access to corporate apps and data.
• Dell Data Protection | Encryption (DDP|E) A new cloud edition further expands Dell’s ability to secure data at the corporate edge from endpoint to mobile and now cloud enabling high levels of PC security.
• Dell Networking W-Series ClearPass The latest version of Dell’s ClearPass, a highly integrated access management solution for managing BYOD, connects to existing networks to manage policies, securely onboard devices, admit guest users, display device usage and perform health assessments. ClearPass allows customers to run one network for both guests and employees while maintaining appropriate security and service levels without requiring manual IT intervention.
Seamlessly Adopt New On-Premise, Cloud and Hybrid Deployment Models
Dell Software also continues to set the standard for assisting organizations in mitigating the risk of migrating, consolidating or restructuring Microsoft environments to address application modernization requirements.
The new release of Migration Manager for Exchange offers full coexistence in a seamless, one-step migration from Microsoft Exchange 2000 2003 to Microsoft Exchange 2013. With this latest release, customers can streamline migrations with the following capabilities:
• Facilitate any on-premise to on-premise, on-premise to cloud or on-premise to hybrid migration.
• Migrate public folders from Microsoft Exchange 2000 2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2013.
• Migrate Microsoft Exchange 2000 2010 mailboxes to Microsoft Office 365 Wave 15 without locking out users from their mailboxes.
Furthermore, the new release of Migration Manager for Active Directory facilitates efficient migration and restructuring of Active Directory, supporting all of Microsoft’s latest platforms and technologies, including Microsoft Office 365 Wave 15. It provides full coexistence during a migration, with access to “new” and “old” resources at the same time, resulting in minimal disruption to users.
New Software-Related Competencies in PartnerDirect Program
Underscoring its commitment to Dell’s software transformation and a single program to support the full spectrum of its offerings, Dell also announced an enhancement to the structure of its PartnerDirect partner program to include software and enable the sale of end-to-end solutions through one simple channel program. Dell Software resellers now will have specific requirements within PartnerDirect to become certified partners, including unique revenue thresholds to achieve Premier and Preferred Partner status.
These requirements will parallel existing requirements for hardware-focused Preferred and Premier Partners, and create opportunities for partners to sell just software or hardware, or a combination of both. Partners focusing on a single line of business also will have a new path to achieve Premier status through advanced competency achievement, and service provider partners will have access to a new strategic program designed for their distinct business model.
Over the next several months, channel partners from Dell's acquired software companies will transition to the PartnerDirect program. Four new software-related competencies with multiple learning paths for Security, Systems Management, Data Protection and Information Management will be launched in the fall.
• Jason Thomas, CIO and IT director, Green Clinic
“With Dell’s connected security solutions encompassing Dell KACE, SecureWorks, SonicWALL and Wyse, we’re able to meet existing system management requirements while addressing the growing need for BYOD and virtualization. With Dell KACE, we sped up the deployment of our electronic medical records system, which helps doctors diagnose patients more accurately and enhances the overall quality of patient care. With SonicWALL and SecureWorks, we mitigate the risk of viruses and security breaches while also going a step above for HIPAA compliance. And, Dell’s virtual desktop infrastructure gives physicians and administrators EMR access from any location, on any Internet-connected device, so they can work productively and securely anywhere.”
• Ken Lamneck, president and CEO, Insight Enterprises
"Operating within a unified partner program is vital to ensuring simplicity and leverage as a partner, especially when the vendor brings a true, end-to-end solution offering like Dell. As trends like cloud, consumerization and big data impact our industry and create new and different challenges for our customers, working with a vendor like Dell who can meet both software and hardware needs adds a great deal of value.”
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Dell, Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit dell.com and quest.com/.
Dell and Dell KACE are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.