AvePoint, the leader in governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, today announced its partnership with the Business Disability Forum’s Technology Taskforce and has also agreed to sign its Accessible Technology Charter.
The Accessible Technology Charter was launched in November 2011 and sets out 10 commitments on best practice in ensuring the accessibility of any technologies used by clients, customers, and colleagues, including:
• Enabling the Charter to drive business improvement;
• Embedding and promoting a reasonable adjustment process that provides speedy and usable ICT solutions for disabled colleagues and customers; and
• Routinely consulting with disabled employees and allowing employees reasonable personalization of technology in order to meet their own accessibility requirements.
“AvePoint is proud to become a member of the Business Disability Forum Technology Taskforce,” said Dana Simberkoff, Vice President of Risk Management & Compliance, AvePoint. “We are passionate about ensuring that not only our own products and solutions for compliance, governance, and management of enterprise collaboration platforms are accessible, but that they enable organizations to comply with regulations and guidelines to ensure their IT systems are accessible to everyone including those with disabilities.”
Susan Scott-Parker, Founder and Chief Executive of Business Disability Forum added: “I am delighted to hear that Dana is taking accessibility across the entire business at AvePoint, I think the real opportunity is to work to help create a new energy and a new momentum around the message: that the entire business has to get it. It is not just procurement, HR or IT. We need to look at the entirety of the business.”
AvePoint’s next generation of its award-winning product line for ensuring information is available and accessible to the people who should have it and protected from those who should not, AvePoint Compliance Guardian, also supports accessibility compliance for organizations worldwide:
• Detect: Automate a comprehensive assessment to identify content and framework accessibility issues
• Track & Report: Reports with configurable risk levels can be distributed to compliance officers, administrators, and content owners for review and response
• Respond & Resolve: Investigate, respond to, and resolve compliance issues by prioritizing what to fix first, what to remove, and what issues may require no action at all
• Prevent: Prevent compliance issues through real-time scanning, tagging, and action
With robust compliance, governance, infrastructure management, and productivity solutions, as well as global 24/7 live support, AvePoint today helps more than 10,000 organizations enable enterprise collaboration with confidence. AvePoint is a corporate member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and its Compliance and Risk Management practitioners participate in International Standards bodies including the W3C, United Nations Internet Governance Forum and have provided privacy guidance and expertise to a wide range of domestic and international government agencies and corporate organizations.
AvePoint (avepoint.com) is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since its founding in 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms. AvePoint helps more than 10,000 customers including many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies meet their specific business objectives by enabling collaboration with confidence. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered and maintains its principal operational center in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Application Development Partner and Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.