Siborg Systems, Inc., in Canada, released their innovative tool Smart Tweezers LCR-meter as an alternative to using conventional bench-type testers for evaluating Surface Mount Technology. The small components used in this technology make using the bulky bench type tester complicated and time consuming. Siborg created the solution, Smart Tweezers. With just a touch of the tips to a component, the device automatically identifies and measures the component for Inductance (L), Capacitance © or Resistance ®, as well as secondary parameters such as the ESR of a capacitance.
CF Systems Technology Sdn. Bhd., in Selangor, Malaysia, has taken on the device among their line of products. They are a specialist in automation systems, machine spare parts (for AI, SMT and AOI), electrical and electronic equipment, repair and reconditioning of AI and SMT display boards, an industrial supply (ESD-safe equipment).
“Smart Tweezers is a fine match to our line of products,” says the Managing Director at CF System, Lau Yu Han,“We supply equipment for production, rework and repair of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) packed with small SMT components that are virtually impossible to debug with the use of conventional LCR-meters. Lightweight and unique mechatronic design of Smart Tweezers make it easily useable by just one hand, leaving the other free for taking notes or other tasks.”
Smart Tweezers are a unique combination of a set of sharp tweezers acting as the probes, a small display, and a handheld LCR-meter with the accuracy and speed to match conventional bench type testers. With just a touch, the device measures for L, C or R, and ESR.
The device has a patented mechatronic design, allowing for very small and well defined parasitics. These parasitics are simply removed using the semi-automatic offset subtraction feature. When the parasitics are removed, Smart Tweezers are able to measure as low as 1 milliohm and 1 picofarad for Resistance and Capacitance measurements, and to a fraction of microhenry for Inductance measurements.
Smart Tweezers have gained the reputation of a high quality, professional tool, essential for on-board and in-circuit impedance testing, component sorting and characterization, and PCB debugging and testing.
Follow the Smart Tweezers’ Blog for all the latest news about current and future devices.
About Siborg Systems, Inc.
Established in 1994, Siborg Systems, Inc. (siborg.com) is a source of engineering software and hardware tools for semiconductor and electronics industry. Located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, it enjoys being part of the local world-renowned high-tech community.
About CF System:
CF System Technology Sdn Bhd (cfsystem.com.my) is a known supplier of the following products and services:
- ESD-safe Solutions
- Sales and modification of Auto Insert (AI) and SMT Equipment
- Design, fabrication, installation and commissioning of automation systems according to customer specifications and requirements
- Recondition, Repair
- SMT splicing Tape, brass clip, splice tools, cutting tools, stencil clean roll and wiper cloth, high-temperature adhesive tape (Kapton tape) and SMT filter elements
- Full range of AI common and uncommon parts, wide range of SMT nozzles, various brands of feeder accessories and other Automation Systems
- SMT machine spare parts: Servo Motor Box, CPU Board, JUKI Electromagnetic valve Laser, Servo Driver, Display Board for JUKI 750 / 760 Series, JUKI 2000 SERIES, Panasonic 202,212, 402, Sony E1000, F130, DEK printing system GS / GXS / LT / ELA / Horizon Infinity
- Cleaning products from Dupont Sontara, MircoPure, surface-mount devices (SMD) and electronic equipment.
Contact: Mr Raymond Lau We-Han
CF System Technology Sdn Bhd
No. 43& Jalan Section 1/28, Taman Kajang Utama, 43000, Kajang
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
T: 603-87405207 / F: 603-87374986