ADP®, a leading provider of human capital management (HCM) services, and global law firm Proskauer Rose LLP today announced that they have teamed up to conduct a seminar series for employers titled “Travel the Affordable Care Act Continuum: Past, Present and Future Employer Impact.” These free and interactive events provide actionable information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and are scheduled to take place in major cities across the United States over the next several months. A review of the requirements, key compliance deadlines and other important information about this historic Act will be presented.
As a result of ACA mandates, multiple aspects of human resources management - from payroll processing, to summary of benefits disclosures, and time and attendance tracking - are directly involved in complying with this law. As a result, human resources and benefits professionals are seeking insight and expertise to help them meet the current and future needs of their organization. ADP’s all-in-one human capital management solutions help businesses effectively manage all of their human resources functions on a single platform, making it easier to comply with health care reform requirements.
“The Affordable Care Act presents substantial cost and risk implications for all employers,” said Tim Clifford, President, ADP Benefits and Talent Management Services. “In light of strict compliance deadlines and financial penalties for failure to comply with coverage mandates, it is critical that companies of all sizes proactively evaluate their health benefits strategies to determine the potential short- and long-term financial impact of this law.”
The ADP and Proskauer Seminar Series will address the following topics:
• Updates on upcoming ACA requirements
• Checklists containing past and present deadlines under the ACA
• The individual mandates and subsidies, and why they matter
• Ninety-day waiting period rules for 2014
• Play or Pay / Employer Shared Responsibility requirements (decisions, penalties and affordability), as well as the hidden costs of Health Care Reform: taxes
“While others can only guess at how the law will affect employers and their bottom lines, Proskauer lawyers can provide guidance on what to expect and what must be done immediately to prepare for the future,” said Peter Marathas, Partner, Proskauer Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation & ERISA Litigation Practice Center.
The ADP and Proskauer Seminar Series will take place in the following cities:
• Boston, MA (April 9, 2013)
• Long Island, NY (April 10, 2013)
• Washington, DC (April 10, 2013)
• Milford/Hartford, CT (April 16, 2013)
• Salt Lake City, UT (April 17, 2013)
• Princeton, NJ (April 17, 2013)
• Pittsburgh, PA (April 19, 2013)
• Philadelphia, PA (April 19, 2013)
• New York, NY (April 25, 2013)
• Phoenix, AZ (May 1, 2013)
• Indianapolis, IN (May 2, 2013)
• Portland, OR (May 3, 2013)
• Detroit, MI (May 10, 2013)
• Austin, TX (May 15, 2013)
• Dallas, TX (May 16, 2013)
• Cincinnati, OH (May 16, 2013)
• Charlotte, NC (May 17, 2013)
• Houston, TX (May 17, 2013)
• San Diego, CA (May 20, 2013)
• Los Angeles, CA (May 21, 2013)
• St. Louis, MO (May 21, 2013)
• Denver, CO (May 22, 2013)
• San Francisco, CA (May 22, 2013)
• Baltimore, MD (May 22, 2013)
• Minneapolis, MN (May 23, 2013)
• Atlanta, GA (June 6, 2013)
As the largest taxpayer to the IRS on behalf of its clients and with more than six decades of experience helping clients manage their business processes, ADP is in a unique position to help employers successfully manage regulatory change and stay in compliance with new mandates.
Founded in 1875, Proskauer is a global law firm widely recognized for its leadership in a variety of legal services provided to clients worldwide from offices in Beijing, Boca Raton, Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York, Newark, Paris, São Paulo and Washington, DC. Additional information about the firm, which has extensive experience in all areas of practice important to businesses, not-for-profit institutions and individuals, can be found at proskauer.com/.
ADP® (NASDAQ: ADP), with more than $10 billion in revenues and approximately 600,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing and human capital management solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience and a global footprint spanning more than 40 countries, ADP (adp.com) offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, talent management, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source, and helps clients comply with regulatory and legislative changes, such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA). ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, and heavy equipment dealers throughout the world. For more information about ADP or to contact a local ADP sales office, reach us at 1.800.225.5237 or visit the company's Website.
Contact: Nicholas C Clarke, Proskauer
P: 212-969-5043 - E: nclarke[.]proskauer.com.