GE (NYSE: GE) has been working in India for many years to help it efficiently use available water resources and expand its usable water supply. At Aquatech India, taking place April 8-10, 2013, at the India Expo Centre in Greater Noida, GE will display its advanced technologies, products and services that are helping India address its water and wastewater challenges.
“India remains a water-stressed country, and demand continues to outpace supply, making water reuse imperative. Our expanding installed base of more than 70 projects in India demonstrates our strong commitment to India. Local engineering, project management and local manufacturing help GE deliver the most effective solutions to its Indian customers,” said Hoshang Subawalla, business leader, India water and process technologies for GE Power & Water.
GE is a global leader in wastewater reuse and has the broadest chemical and equipment portfolio to address tough-to-treat water and wastewater needs. GE’s focus and expertise on reusing sewage for industrial and non-potable use is helping secure India’s water resources. GE is involved in water and wastewater projects in the commercial and institutional, municipal, refining, power, metals, food and beverage and textiles industries throughout India. GE is providing on-site treatment services at more than 25 sites and has an in-country services team for post-commissioning and operations and maintenance support.
GE’s portfolio of advanced technologies membrane filtration systems, next-generation membrane bioreactors, zero liquid discharge systems and water/wastewater/process chemicals are combined with leadership in process design and engineering to address wide-ranging customer problems. Specifically, GE’s water technology portfolio that will be on display at booth #1003 includes:
• ZeeWeed* GE’s ZeeWeed hollow-fiber, ultrafiltration membrane technology offers low life-cycle costs for water filtration, wastewater treatment and reuse.
• Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) GE’s MBR technology is suited for wide-ranging wastewater treatment and reuse applications. GE’s newest MBR system, LEAPmbr*, offers an extremely compact footprint, simplified operation and consistently higher quality permeate than conventional wastewater treatment systems.
• Electrodialysis Reversal (EDR) High recovery systems for wastewater reclamation, reverse osmosis reject recovery and surface/well-water desalting. Outstanding recovery for water with high-suspended solids.
• Electrodeionization (EDI) Reliable, low-cost ultrapure water (up to 18MOhm-cm resistivity) for multiple applications such as power generation (boiler feed and NOx control), semiconductors, microelectronics, etc.
• Chemical and Monitoring Solutions For boiler water treatment, clarification and filtration, cooling water treatment, process additives, pure water systems, wastewater treatment and remote monitoring and diagnostics.
• Brackish, Low Fouling, Sanitary and Industrial Membranes Widest range of membranes suited for multiple separation applications across industries.
• Thermal Evaporators and Crystallizers Reliable and efficient technologies to help achieve zero liquid discharge.
*Trademark of the General Electric Company; may be registered in one or more countries.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
About GE Power & Water
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Power & Water’s six business units include Distributed Power, Nuclear Energy, Power Generation Services, Renewable Energy, Thermal Products and Water & Process Technologies. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.
Aarti Taneja, GE India
P: +91 124 480 8291 - E: aarti.taneja[.]ge.com.
Beth Coffman, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: beth.coffman[.]mastopr.com.
Howard Masto, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.