A new report from IMARC Group expects the biopharmaceutical market in the US to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2012-2017. This is significantly lower than the average 8-9% growth rate observed in this market in the last five years.
According to an analyst at IMARC Group,“the rise of biosimilars in the US is expected to have a major impact on market growth. Recombinant proteins, which currently account for around 60% of the total US biopharmaceutical sales, are expected to be the worst hit during the forecast period. During 2012-2017, we expect nine biological brands in this segment to face biosimilar competition. Recombinant proteins are expected to witness a CAGR growth of less than 3% during this period. The growth of monoclonal antibodies, on the other hand, is expected to be significantly faster than recombinant proteins during the forecast period. The key factors driving the monoclonal antibodies will be a rich pipeline and approval of additional indications for currently marketed drugs. Although some monoclonal antibodies such as Rituxan and Humira may face biosimilar competition, we expect significantly lower biosimilar threat for monoclonal antibodies during the forecast period compared to recombinant proteins.
IMARC’s new report “Global Biopharmaceutical Market Report & Forecast (2012-2017)” gives a deep insight into the global biopharmaceutical market. The research study serves as an analytical as well as a statistical tool to understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, market trends, geographical structure, therapeutic structure, competitive structure and the outlook of the global biopharmaceutical market till 2017. This report will serve as an excellent guide for investors, researchers, consultants, marketing strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the global biopharmaceutical market in any form.
What We Have Achieved in this Report?
Deep Qualitative Understanding of Various Factors Driving and Restraining the Global Biopharmaceutical Market
Key Aspects Analyzed:
• Driving Factors
• Restraining Factors
• Market Opportunities
Comprehensive Situation Analysis of the Global Biopharmaceutical Market and its Dynamics
North America: United States and Canada
Latin America: Mexico, Brazil and Argentina
Europe: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia and Turkey
Asia Pacific: Japan, China, Australia, South Korea, India and Indonesia
Classes Covered for Each Country: Erythropoietins, Insulin, Interferons, Growth Hormones, Immunoglobulins, Colony Stimulating Factors, Recombinant Blood Factors, Recombinant Enzymes, Growth Factors, Interleukins, Monoclonal Antibodies and Purified Proteins
Focus of the Analysis for Each Country:
• Total Market Performance (2005 - 2011)
• Performance of Various Classes (2005 - 2011)
• Performance of Top Players (2005 - 2011)
• Market Forecast (2012 - 2017)
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What are the key advantages/ disadvantages of biopharmaceuticals over small molecule drugs in terms of efficacy, safety, price, approval times, market growth, etc.?
• What are the key opportunities and threats faced by the biopharmaceutical industry?
• What has been the historical and current performance of the global biopharmaceutical market and how is it expected to perform in the coming years?
• Which are the world’s largest biopharmaceutical markets?
• Which are the world’s fastest growing biopharmaceutical markets?
• What is the structure and composition of various biopharmaceutical markets across the globe?
• Which are the world’s largest biopharmaceutical segments?
• Which are the world’s fastest growing biopharmaceutical segments?
• Who are the world’s largest biopharmaceutical companies and how have they performed in recent years?