To streamline warranty claims and supplier recovery processes, Oracle today unveiled the Oracle Supplier Warranty Management solution, part of the Oracle E-Business Suite.
With the Oracle Supplier Warranty Management solution, Oracle Depot Repair and Oracle Complex Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (cMRO) will work together with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery to create one complete warranty management solution for supplier warranty recovery, automated claims creation, claims management, part return tracking and partner collaboration.
To better address issues that can affect customer satisfaction and overall product quality, the integration with Oracle Depot Repair and Oracle cMRO provides Oracle Supplier Warranty Management solution customers with the ability to trace warranty claims and support issues back to the source supplier, distribution center and components.
The Supplier Warranty Management solution uses Oracle Endeca Information Discovery to allow users to process, analyze and validate the legitimacy of claims consisting of unstructured data such as customer reported problems, technician notes, remote diagnostic data, test results and supplier notes and structured data from Oracle’s ERP, Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management, and Oracle’s Siebel CRM applications.
Supporting multiple industries, including high-tech, medical devices, automotive, aerospace and industrial manufacturing, the Oracle Supplier Warranty Management solution is designed to eliminate the need for customizations by offering out-of-box integration with Oracle ERP, Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management, and Oracle’s Siebel CRM applications as well as provides tools to integrate with third party applications.
A Complete, Out-of-the-Box Supplier Warranty Management Solution from Oracle
Oracle Supplier Warranty Management solution provides the ability to quickly and easily create supplier warranties and warranty templates linked directly to Oracle ERP supplier database, inventory system and installed base. Other key benefits can include:
• Avoid missing claims through the automatic notification to service personnel when defective items are under supplier warranty.
• Minimize settlement delays by providing service personnel with easy access to part-specific and context-specific claims rules, terms and conditions, claim forms, part-return instructions and pre-printed return shipping labels.
• Ensure service orders are fulfilled by service partners and increase overall collaboration using the Partner Portal.
• Streamline data entry by quickly and easily creating supplier recovery claims from customer warranty claims, including those fulfilled by third parties.
• Achieve faster recovery times through flexible status tracking that enables fast, clear communication between the service organization and supplier.
• Eliminate errors and omissions that might delay cash settlement by streamlining claim submission, status monitoring, dispute resolution, and part replacements.
• Preemptively detect fraud, erroneous claim submissions, supplier issues and quality issues.
“Warranty management has customarily been viewed as a cost of doing business rather than as an opportunity to cut costs and increase customer satisfaction,” said Hannes Sandmeier, vice president of cMRO and depot repair development, Oracle. “The introduction of the Oracle Supplier Warranty Management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite offers a complete and fully integrated warranty management solution that recovers costs from suppliers for failed items and parts, ensures suppliers are held accountable for item and part quality, and monitors that claims are submitted, processed and tracked.”
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited (oracle.com/applications) is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs.
Oracle (oracle.com engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.