Robbie Ferris, president and CEO of Firstfloor K-12 Solutions, LLC, has announced that the firm has signed the state’s first pre-development agreement for privatized school development under the recently enacted senate bill 2009, allowing public-private partnerships for North Carolina schools. Firstfloor will enter into a public-private partnership with the Cumberland County School Board, providing full pre-development services for a new Western Elementary School located in Fayetteville, N.C. The facility is planned to accommodate 800 students and will contain core space for an ultimate capacity of 920 students. The site will be designed to include the proposed elementary school and a future middle school. Firstfloor will provide site analysis as well as architectural, engineering and financial services. The firm will plan the facility in accordance with the Department of Public Instruction Guidelines and the needs of Cumberland County Schools. Firstfloor’s past public-private partnerships projects with North Carolina schools include:
Cumberland County Education Foundation: Lifelong Learning Center for Health Sciences
Fayetteville State University: University Place – Phase I
Fayetteville State University: University Place – Phase II
Elizabeth City State University: Viking Village
Winston-Salem State University: Gleason-Hairston Terrace
• Firstfloor K-12 Solutions, LLC has signed the state’s first pre-development agreement for privatized school development.
• The recently enacted senate bill 2009 allows public-private partnerships for North Carolina schools.
• Firstfloor will have the opportunity to enter into public-private partnership with the Cumberland County School Board.
• The firm will provide full pre-development services for a new Western Elementary School located in Fayetteville, N.C.
• The facility is planned to accommodate 800 students initially and will contain core space for an ultimate capacity of 920 students.
• The site is planned to include the proposed elementary and a future middle school.
• Firstfloor’s past public-private partnerships include projects with Fayetteville State University, Elizabeth City State University and Winston-Salem State University.
“Western Elementary School will be a new breed of high performance education facility,” said Ferris. “Cumberland County Schools have taken full advantage of the best available options for school development, and now represents the first school system to enter into a pre-development agreement for a capital lease under the recently enacted senate bill 2009. This project will without a doubt save taxpayers millions of dollars as well as provide a superior educational environment for Cumberland County students and teachers.”
About Firstfloor K-12 Solutions
Firstfloor K-12 Solutions, LLC is a North Carolina development company pioneering public-private partnerships to develop educational facilities. The sister company to SFL + A Architects, Firstfloor is comprised of talented professionals, each possessing 15-20 years of experience in banking, finance, construction and property management. Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. with branch offices in Fayetteville and Winston-Salem, the firm has provided development consulting and services for a number of public and quasi-governmental organizations throughout the state of North Carolina SFL + A Architects is a firm designed to provide state-of-the-art architectural solutions to educational institutions. Created in 1982, the company has emerged as one of the most highly regarded architectural firms in the Southeast, offering expert services in architectural planning, design, construction, land planning and interior design. The company is based out of Fayetteville, North Carolina, with branch offices in Raleigh and Charlotte.
Keywords: Firstfloor, North Carolina Architectural Firms, Public-Private Partnerships, Educational Institutions, Capital Lease, Wake County School System, School Construction, School Development, Architectural Planning, Architectural Design, Construction, Land Planning, Interior Design, School Safety, School Maintenance, Property Management, SFL + A Architects, FirstFloor K-12 Solutions, LLC, Robbie Ferris, Cumberland County Schools