NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bièvres, Essonne, France, 2013/03/07 - ATEME Establishes a Global Leadership Position in High Quality Traditional and Multi-screen Video Solutions for the Broadcast, Cable, DTH and IPTV Markets in 60 Countries - ATEME.com.
ATEME, a leading provider of video compression systems for the broadcast industry, today announced that it reached significant milestones in customer adoption and corporate growth in 2012.
The company showed an exceptionally strong financial year in 2012, demonstrating a 50 percent increase in global revenues, positive cash flow and return on equity across all product lines and international markets. The company experienced double-digit growth in North America and EMEA, and a near 100 percent increase in emerging markets including APAC and Latin America.
“ABI Research reported this month that the overall infrastructure video equipment market will grow to reach $3.8 billion dollars in 2017, up from $2.8 billion in 2012, with video encoders representing the fastest growing sub segment of the market,” said Michel Artières, CEO of ATEME. “Our corporate growth over the last year reflects the overall expansion of the market today and the strong desire from our customers for innovative solutions in the new media landscape.”
As On Demand viewing continues to grow, subscriber acquisition and satisfaction has surged for many of ATEME’s clients that offer premium VOD services, including the number one Direct-To-Home operators in America and Europe. The proliferation of viewing devices, the launch of multi-format and Over-the-Top services supporting those devices, and the continued underlying transition from SD to HD in many regions of the world have also contributed to the continued growth.
The company’s pioneering MPEG-4 4:2:2 10-bit high quality encoding technology has now become the de facto standard for high-end sports contribution applications. Major international sports events such as the London Olympics and the Euro Football Championship in the summer of 2012 led to substantial investments in broadcast contribution infrastructure, further bolstering the company’s financial metrics.
Industry analyst firm Frost & Sullivan recognized ATEME with the 2012 Global Frost & Sullivan Award for Market Penetration Leadership, as one of the few companies that have shown outstanding growth in both encoding and transcoding product lines.
• Sales to clients in over 60 countries in 2012;
• Generated annual revenues of $24 Million;
• Accomplished a 50 percent year-over-year growth in revenues proforma;
• Cash positive with cash balance up $2M compared to last financing round in Q2 of 2010;
• Increased company head count to 105, with the majority supporting the company’s R&D efforts into HEVC/H.265 and other leading-edge video compression developments; planning to add another 30 employees in 2013;
• Hired industry veteran Mike Antonovich as general manager of the Americas;
• Established regional operation centers in Miami, USA for the Americas region and Seoul, Korea for the Asia Pacific region to provide closer in-market sales support, customer engineering, repair and logistics services;
• Strengthened the Company’s product portfolio through continuing development of its KYRION line of hardware encoders and its TITAN line of file and live content transcoding software for multi-screen delivery.
ATEME (ateme.com) is a world leading provider of HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications.
Contact: Kim Dearborn - Nadel Phelan, Inc.
T: +1-831-440-2407 - E: kim[.]nadelphelan.com.